Need to lose 5 pounds this week

tandtam
tandtam Posts: 8 Member
I need to lose 5 pounds this week. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Christaaa78
    Christaaa78 Posts: 65 Member
    cut off an arm?

You can't lose 5 pounds by dieting in 1 week.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    What's the reason? What's 5 lbs going to do? Eat all protein and you will lose 5lbs, but won't it all be water weight?

I'm in the last week of a weight loss competition for money, so I could understand the "need" to want to lose 5lbs in a week.
  • I lost 4lb this week by sticking to 1400 cals doing 4500 steps a day and 3 x 30 min wii fitness workouts
  • tammyvarley77
    tammyvarley77 Posts: 17 Member
    Bump good luck
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    starvation mode much ?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    cut off an arm?

You can't lose 5 pounds by dieting in 1 week.

You can. But it will mostly be water.
  • loisfritz
    loisfritz Posts: 20
    Why and let me know what you did for success!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    What's the reason? What's 5 lbs going to do? Eat all protein and you will lose 5lbs, but won't it all be water weight?

I'm in the last week of a weight loss competition for money, so I could understand the "need" to want to lose 5lbs in a week.

This is exactly why weight loss should be for a competition or for money.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member

you can. But it will mostly be water.

Yes. And you will gain it back next week. But if it is for a special occasion, you can try GM diet. It works. You will lose the weight and gain it back. Just google it.
    I have tried it.............lost and gained.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Depends on your current weight to begin with.
    If you are at a VERY high weight, with a combination of clean eating, and exercise - 5 pounds loss in a week is achievable to start with then it will gradually slow down as you keep on losing. It is not uncommon for very overweight people to lose 5 pounds in a week when they change their eating habits and start exercising.
    However, if you are already at a low weight or healthy weight then a 5 pounds loss in a week is next to impossible. It can take a few months.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    spanx. better make it two pairs
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Firstly, 5lbs is achievable, but I am concerned at the 'need' part of the statement. I have lost quite quickly by following the Intermittent fasting regime, restricting myself to around 500 calories, two days a week, It takes some considerable planning and determination, and I combined it with 30 day shred. I feel great; I drink plenty of water and I walk every day.
    I accept that I'm in this for the long haul. Quick fixes rarely work. It's about a change of mind-set.

Good luck to you. My diary is open if you want to have a look...

Jan :0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!