I made some room in my calories

Options
Today, for the first time in over two months, I had Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Oh. My. God. I love them so much.

My question for you all is- when you allow yourself a special treat, how do you do it? Because I told my 5 year old son that he needed to leave me alone! I was like...this is MY time, MY treat, everybody go away and leave me alone so I can enjoy it.

Or am I just weird...probably.

Replies

• Caleen58
    Caleen58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's strange at all! If you've been doing well and you allowed yourself the calories, then I say ENJOY all on your own. If you NEVER treat yourself in moderation, there's no way to keep up the whole "diet" thing forever. I know we're not supposed to be on a "diet," just change our lifestyle, but life is too short to never have another candy again. Good for you!
    Donna
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!!! Sounds like you took time to plan your treat, enjoyed it in a preplanned manner, and savored it! I LOVE Reese PB Cups also and I have them frequently. Sometimes I scarf them down right away, other times I share with my DGC, and then there are times when I do the slowly savor each tiny bite.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Your kid is going to need therapy.

My stay-away food is frozen greek yogurt. Preferrably Ben & Jerry's Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk.

There is no sharing when I have that.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You've got to be distraction-free to truly savor something as special as a Reece cup!

(I've got a 5-year-old, too!)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    life is too short to never have another candy again

Every once in a while I have a candy bar - Reese's Fast Break is my favorite! MMMmmmm.
    I've found that even if it doesn't fit in my calorie goal for the day, it will keep my craving from getting out of control and then having a giant one several days in a row.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I wait until the kids are in bed.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat treats if they fit into my calories. I had ice cream today. And it was amazing!(:
    Reese's.... MY FAVORITE!
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I still don't get why people think you need to cut certain foods to lose weight. :|

As long as you stick to a deficit you'll lose weight, its just about total calories in the day not the type of food. Some food is more nutritional than others but its all just fuel for your body. Whilst I'm not advocating living off junk, you certainly don't need to wait for a special time for any treats.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hehe, it's hard to share treats you love! Especially if you worked hard to fit them in! I like the suggestion of waiting until the kids are in bed. Or lock yourself in a room :P
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The only drawback to eating "treat" calories is if they are a food that will create cravings for like foods, and then you end up eating more and more. But, have a treat is great!
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I still don't get why people think you need to cut certain foods to lose weight. :|

As long as you stick to a deficit you'll lose weight, its just about total calories in the day not the type of food. Some food is more nutritional than others but its all just fuel for your body. Whilst I'm not advocating living off junk, you certainly don't need to wait for a special time for any treats.

You must not have young children. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my "treat" with him badgering me, as he usually does. He talks non-stop and always wants my attention.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You've got to be distraction-free to truly savor something as special as a Reece cup!

(I've got a 5-year-old, too!)

Yes, you got that right! That was my point all along!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    What makes it a "special treat"? I have something "unhealthy" at least once a day. Today, it was peanut butter oreos. As long as you have room in your calories, I don't see the point of waiting months on end just to eat something sweet.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I usually make it the last thing I eat for the night and I'm usually watching TV while eating it. Bonus points if the biggest loser is on. I just imagine them staring at me and thinking about snatching that cookie/ice cream/whatever out of my hand as I eat it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Unless my kids are having a treat too there's no point in me trying to have one with them around, they'll stare, make comments and my youngest will hover around me and ask for some.

There is no enjoyment in eating with all that around me, so we either all have some or I eat it on my own.