Missing a SL 5x5 week

Options
What do you do when you have to miss a workout or more than one? Been doing the SL 5x5 program and later this month I will be traveling for work. While I will be able to work out at the hotel I know they will not have free weights to be able to keep up with my regular workout.

So how do you handle it? And where do you pick up when you get back to it? Do you do the next workout like there was no break? I hate to miss a week but in the gran scheme of things it won't be that big of a loss but just curious how people handle missing.

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm still in my first month, and I had to miss two out of my three workouts this week. When I start back tomorrow, I'm gonna go from the last workout....just adding the 5 pounds that I would have immediately after. If you're worried about it, maybe just repeat the last one and go from there.
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Missing a week is not a big deal, you will find that the extra rest will do you good. Just pick up where you left off. If more than a week just repeat your last workout and move on.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    When I had to miss my workouts I panicked bad!! So I 'compensate' by walking around more, keeping myself active, watch my eating and when I felt like I really needed to exercise then I did some in the hotel room when I was alone! Random jumping jacks etc can be done anywhere and they are kind of a good HIIT like workout!! I actually lost a little weight after the trip haha