should I give the 30 day shred a try?

Options
hey guys,

so, I have being researching about the 30 day shred and I have also looked at most of the results from people. I thought that I should give it a try, as its free on youtube. Yeah, so I thought that I could get some more experience from my MFP friends. Did anyone try it, and could some body tell me their review of the 30 day shred. PLEASE :).
I would like to give it a try.
THANX

Replies

• unknownwoman
    Options
    I say go for it.

Just finished my first day of the thirty days, plus a Pilates class earlier in the day, laying here in bed and feeling my belly have that after burn feel.... I am loving it!
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's great! It goes by really fast and I'm seeing great results!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It's so short (and, as you mentioned, free) that there is really no reason not to in my opinion. It is not a miracle cure for weightless (nothing is!) but if you are new to strength training or want an extra boost in your ordinary work out routine then I think it is a great addition. I have not been sticking to it religiously but I definitely think it toned me up a bit and provided a good little strength workout which I like because I'm not good at sticking tona real lifting "program." There's absolutely no harm in trying it!
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    great, thanx. Ill start from next week then, :)
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are like me! *lol* I got 5lb dumbbells yesterday, booted up youtube and completed day 1 level 1! I couldn't get all the way through everything but I tried! I was sore and lifting my arm to wash hair in shower after, ow! *lol* Felt good to do it and feels great knowing I have a goal, WILL push through it and WILL get reults. Join me!!!
  • beth363
    beth363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Go for it! It's an awesome workout... Jillian is awesome! She's pushes you, and you get results! I lost 13 lbs the first time I did her 30 Day Shred! ... and I lost a whole lot of inches too!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Just do it and then you won't have to wonder anymore. Be a member of the "I did it" club.
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    a quick question, do you think i have to do all of the workouts she is mentioning or can i leave those which i find difficult to do?
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it and just started Level 2 the other day. It's good especially if you aren't able to put in a lot of time...20 minutes and done. After repeating level 1 the 10 days, it was nice to move on to new moves in level 2. Once you learn the routine you can put on favorite music rather than listen to the video. I felt like I was gaining strength and things were firming up...so it's worth your 20 minutes.
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On day 6 of it right now. Showed me just how out of shape I was. My leg muscles were screaming for the first few days. Now its just that "good" kinda sore that lets you know you're working them but not so bad I have to scoot down the stairs on my butt because I can't walk down them! LOL! Really recommend using the 3 & 5 lb weights for all the arm workouts too. Really works them. I hate AB work so I'm really glad that the AB part is just a minute at a time....but I can feel the soreness there too so its working. Its getting easier.....but then there is level 2 which I'm sure is going to kick my *kitten* again. I've never sworn so much at a DVD in my life. I keep telling Jillian she is a crazy *iotch.....but I'm thanking her at the end. Try it!!!!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    She gives two options for many of them, one is a slightly easier version. Try your best, if you can't do the whole lot then at first rest for 5 seconds, the idea is that at first you'll find it really hard, but keep at the level you are on until you can do them all and then move onto the next level. TBH there are some I can't do at all - mainly because I lack co-ordination!

I got to the end of level 2, but had to stop as I've got an injury, and I'm actually missing it.
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The ones that are difficult to do are the ones you NEED to do! Those are the ones your body needs to improve on! Do it!!! Your body can do it!!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Stretch your legs before and after. She does a little, but not nearly enough. You'll be sore the next day, but you can get through it! Good luck!!!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Do it! I enjoyed it emensly and it's only 20 minutes a day. It is the first workout that I stuck with and as a result after 30 days I lost 6lbs and 8.75" over all. The first two days of level one I was very sore from all the squats and lunges(stairs were not my friend) but I pushed through and worked out. Level 2, in my opinion was a tough one to get through the 10 days, there is alot of plank moves and my wrists got sore, I was very glad to move on to level 3. I think I liked level 3 the best. I am definitely overweight and I smoke but I was able to keep up with it and felt great. I plan to do it again in a month or two and in the iterim I am doing a combination of JM Kickboxing Quickfix, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism(another very good workout), and No More Trouble Zones. Good luck!
  • ssarras
    ssarras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked at amazon reviews and saw a lot of warnings about knee injuries. I was also interested in trying it, but have had ankle/knee problems in that past. Can anyone comment on this aspect of it?
    Thanks.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you are more advanced I would get a different tape. It is great if you are a beginner though!
  • LeCo56
    LeCo56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should find a workout or two they can do every day and enjoy. 30 day shred, p90x, etc., are great workouts but are you going to continue past the 30 or 90 days? Probably not because they are hard and take too much time. Dr. Oz recommends sets of jumping jacks, lunges, pushups. I add some crunches/situps, and you have a great full body, aerobic exercise plan that you can complete in minutes.
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I looked at amazon reviews and saw a lot of warnings about knee injuries. I was also interested in trying it, but have had ankle/knee problems in that past. Can anyone comment on this aspect of it?
    Thanks.
    Depending on the extent of your ankle/knee problems you should be ok. I have had some ankle/knee problems off and on and I found that this workout didn't bother either of them. Also there are modified moves that you cn do if you find you have pain.
  • zeprose
    zeprose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You should do it! I finished it, I lost 4 Ibs but the thing more important than on sale is getting in shape. The change in your body will be more than you will lose. Be sure to keep it up till the 30th day. 'cause it is really hard and makes you sweat crazy!