Italian!

Options
here's a menu:

http://www.individualrestaurants.com/piccolino/manchester/

it's the main menu (bottom right hand side of page) that i need some help with

i'm on a daily thing of 1300 calories so anything within that (roughly) would be good

what would you have?

i'm not big on fish, goat's cheese and would like a main with meat please!

but any suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would have theProsciutto e melone for antipasti,Spinaci for the salad and the roast sea bass. Sounds wonderful.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Starter as suggested above, but if I was going to have meat for the main then probably he pasta & meatballs or maybe one of the chicken dishes, avoid anything that has cheese in it or has been cooked in wine, those will increase the calories in the meal.
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    i'm not too keen on parma ham...but it does look the healthiest starter :L

i would like pasta but it could be really high in calories....salad just seems a bit naff though when none of them are particularly different/original....

but thanks for your suggestions - very helpful!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd have the sea bass. It looks like a really nice restaurant. If this is a really special occasion I might not worry about it at all and just eat at maintenance, eat light the rest of the day and enjoy. When I'm going for italian I look in the database for similar meals from other restaurants to give myself an idea. It's not going to be terribly accurate anyway so try to relax and enjoy.

ETA just noticed you don't like fish. LoL sorry about that. In that case I'd either have one of the chicken breast dishes or the sirloin.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    ohhh I love piccolino - the liverpool one.

If you don't mind it being raw the Carpaccio starter is to die for, and I think I had Spaghettini alle vongole as my main last time. (not technically fish), or screw the calories and get Osso bucco Milanese - so so good.

But if you don't eat out often just enjoy the meal, order what you want and be good again tomorrow - life is to short to cut out all the really tasty stuff :drinker:

Edit - please come back and tell us what you had and if it was good :flowerforyou: