Hoodia Pills?

Has anybody tried these? I know some people swear by them. They're completely natural according to the Holland & Barrett site. Wondering if they're worth the investment...

Replies

• *bump*
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Don't do it, if there were a magic pill, everyone would be skinny.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Don't do it, if there were a magic pill, everyone would be skinny.

This... and just because something is natural doesn't mean it is good for you or not harmful.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Save your money, don't buy them. Man, I feel like I should get into the "natural" pill business. Cash cow.
  • They're appetite suppressants versus a 'fat burning' pill or anything. Just a FYI.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    After reading all the success stories on here I wouldn't even try it. When you lose weight through diet and exercise you are in training for a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is what you need to keep the weight off. Even if the pill works, you'll probably gain it back.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Bad idea.
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    I read all of the success stories on here, and no one mentions anything other than healthy eating and physical activity. Any pills or potions are not the answer. We just want it to be the answer so that the weight comes off quicker and easier. But read some success stories, and that will get you motivated to do it the healthy way, and make lifestyle changes.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Has anybody tried these? I know some people swear by them. They're completely natural according to the Holland & Barrett site. Wondering if they're worth the investment...

I have yet to meet anyone who is long term successful that credited their weight loss to pills.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    I read all of the success stories on here, and no one mentions anything other than healthy eating and physical activity. Any pills or potions are not the answer. We just want it to be the answer so that the weight comes off quicker and easier. But read some success stories, and that will get you motivated to do it the healthy way, and make lifestyle changes.

^^^^^THIS

All these pills do it make someone else rich.

Save your money and buy some yummy food instead - eat less, move more. :flowerforyou:
  • newtench
    newtench Posts: 3
    The supplement s actually good but the stuff you buy at most stores is a "blend" basically they undercut the good stuff and put a bunch of other ingrediants in it to make it sound good. Also for me appetite supresants do not work. I tend to eat based on my mood and activity level, full or not. If i am bored i snack. I would save your money personally and keep your goals on your mind at all times to stay as nutrionally clean as possilbe.
  • Thanks for all the advice guys! :)
  • hoodia is an appetite suppressant its not going to speed your metabolism up or burn fat, just helps suppress appetite. also you have to take about 2000 mg for it to work, some people say it works with just 600mg or 600mg before breakfast (60-30 min) and then another 600mg in the afternoon.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I remember those being the big thing back when I was working as a personal trainer in an all-women's gym. Not one person lost weight from the supposed "appetite suppressive" properties.