You know you are becoming healthier when...

Options
13»

Replies

• Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    when you used to max out heart rate @ 170watts on an eliptical and it is now 450watts.

when you used to eat takeaway for treats but now you cant remember when you had your last.

finally when ANYTHING processed is junk especially when it says "weightwatchers, good for you, low fat..."
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    - you have loads of energy and want to get off the sofa because sitting on the sofa is boring

- you eat loads of calories and think you're eating for maintenance but still lose weight and get to eat more calories

- you are making fantastic progress at lifting weights and tasks that used to be impossible like changing 19litre water cannisters on the water cooler start to be easy

- you like your reflection in the mirror
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When you wake up every morning with an erection at 50 years old!!!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can't wait to get done with work so you can go home and have Jillian Michaels kick your butt through one of her various dvds. And while you are at work you spend hours researching how to make your old favorite meals healthier no matter how much your fiance despises swapping ground turkey for beef, reduced fat dairy products for regular, egg beaters for real eggs, etc. :wink:
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you wake up every morning with an erection at 50 years old!!!

:laugh: a little too much information!
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When your snack stash at work no longer has unhealthy stuff in it and you notice that people are not longer "borrowing" it while you are not there LOL...

And when I go looking for something unhealthy to snack on at home and there is nothing there :)
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When you put on a t-shirt too small and you see muscles instead of fat.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When your friends' definitions of lazy days include seven-hour tv marathons on the couch, while yours involves a leisurely 10k walk.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When you look forward to a weekly long distance run! :happy:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    you can drive by every fast food place you used to love and not even give a second thought to what you are missing, but instead think how sad it is for what good things all the people inside are missing!!
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can't wait to log in to MFP with your latest food and exercise stats!

Ditto. It has become part of my daily routine.Also, planning meals the day before and logging them in has done wonders for keeping me on track. I know I'm becoming healthy when I look forward to exercising everyday, and my idea of a "rest day" is only exercising for 30 minutes.
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When you wake up in the morning and you have energy to get out of bed and are happy to start the day.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    When you can walk around with that huge bag of dog food on your shoulder like it's nothing.

When your friends want you to help them with their weight loss because they can see that it's actually working for you, lol.
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When you actually don't want chocolate any more

Blasphemy!! True love never dies.. It just switches to the healthy version. Hehe. I am a dark chocolate fan now. I have a piece every day, worked into my cal budget.

Anyways, you know you're becoming healthier when a family member calls you to brag about the "delicious" treat they're eating and you don't crave it- not one little bit. In fact, it reminds you that you need to go get some more fruit because you're almost out.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You get up at 4:30 am daily, even on Saturdays, to workout.

Yeah baby :laugh: And I put a duvet on the floor to muffle the sound of my jumps because the children are sleeping upstairs :laugh:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    When all you want to do is get outside and start your herb and veggie garden in order to have an abundance of goodness at your fingertips.

When your kids don't ask for fast food much anymore because of how it makes them feel

And ditto the sentiments about eating foods for the macros and not your tastebuds. I'm actually excited about seeing what I can come up with for the lima beans I'm making later.