Looking for Support

Options
Hello, I am looking for support. Would anyone like to add me as a friend. I need to sit down and get serious. I do well for a few days then I slip. I joined this community, I feel as it makes me accountable to others and myself. I have a long journey ahead, I need to lose about 100 lbs. I am sick of waiting to "officially" start tomorrow.

Replies

• Dobie76
    Dobie76 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm new here to the boards too. Feel free to add me as a friend. It helps to be as active as possible in the community. It's amazing how many people have the same struggles as we do. In the end we're all here for the same reason: to get healthy and be a better us.:smile:
  • JanetK1946
    Options
    I am also looking for support and hope we might share our need to support each other. I am 66 years old and quite a bit overweight and must loose weight or I will be declared diabetic.
    I know we can achieve our goal if we just apply ourselves. Just take one day at a time and
  • katethegreat1212
    katethegreat1212 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for those who have taken a moment to comment or sent encouraging words and friend requests. I know this will be a difficult journey for all of us whether it be a 10lb. goal or 100 lb. goal. I really appreciate the help, It is so difficult because I am surrounded with people in my life (and I love them all) who either do not need to lose weight and are happy to tempt me, or NEED to lose weight but just do not care. I have been the latter person, I mentally am tired of being the person that NEEDS to lose it but turns a blind eye to it. Joining this was the first step in me communicating to others (and myself) what needs to be done). WE CAN DO THIS, but as you well know, there is strength in numbers. THANK YOU ALL =)
  • IShoveLucy
    Options
    I joined only moments ago and I would love to be your friend. I need to lost 116 lbs and have struggled for years with weight problems. I am never successful with losing more than a few pounds and am tired of it. I recently started eating a Paleo diet in hopes that this will help. I have an underactive thyroid and I have read that this is one of the better diets to follow for underactive thyroids. I have committed myself to joining a 12 week weight loss challenge in the community and I am hoping that this will give me the jumpstart that I need. I am afraid that if all else fails, Bariatric surgery is my last hope. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I joined a couple days ago and like many have struggled with weight all my life . I have here for support and to support. so anyone feel free to add me:)