Whats the main reason you want to lose weight?

Options
We all have a reason.
is it for an overall heathy lifestyle?
Is it to impress someone ?
Is it for self confidence?
Is it to go out with your friends and finally stand out?
Is it to look good in a bakini /naked?

Replies

• KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My reason is to get healthy. Sure, looking better is a good bonus.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Because I want to live to be 100+
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    For an overall healthy lifestyle but to get more self confidence too (:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ok so ive been here before and lost weight
    i got lazy and gained
    im now back to beat out a mean girl at my job, not the best reason i know but shes a big bully type and id like to beat her to the punch
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    To be a healthy older woman who can still do all things for herself.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    In my younger days when I wanted to loose a few pounds it was because I wanted to look good in those jeans. I'm 57 yo now and my reasons have definitely changed. Yes I like to look good in my jeans but the overall reason to shed a few lbs now is strictly health reasons.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    To be healthy and to look good!
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I want to be able to look good in my jeans again,have glowing skin & to make sure I'm in tip top condition for the tough mudder challenge :)
  • The_Kid84
    The_Kid84 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'll be the shallow one... To look good. I just use my daughter as picking up habits as an excuse ;) lol
  • JessTheApple
    Options
    I'm sick of feeling ashamed of myself, I feel so miserable, I hate the way I look. I don't want to be an embarrassment anymore, I want to live, :D
  • jessica_hart
    Options
    I have always been "the big girl". I want to be the girl that WAS big but she did something about it. I want to be confident for once. :)
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    At first it was to be healthy. My family has a history of cardiovascular problems even with them not being overweight. But now that I am in the healthy range I just want to look good in a bikinni:)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Originally mine was to get off diabetic meds, which has been accomplished. Now it is to be the guy my wife married and to be around for a good long time.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    To feel younger and healthier, to be more confident in *ahem* the bedroom:), to feel in control of my body, and clothes!!!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    To be continually fit and healthy and to feel good about myself but ultimately my wedding in June.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Heart disease runs in my family. My blood pressure has been getting higher and higher. So...I want to nip that in the bud before it becomes a danger to my own health.

I can feel that I'm starting to lose some flexibility in my mid-40s. I hate that! I want my flexibility back.

I'm also losing stamina for activity in my mid-40s. I want that back, for sure!

I teach preschool. I never want to be that teacher who has to sit in a chair instead of on the floor with the class. I never want to be that teacher who leans against the fence while the class is running and playing in the playground. I never want to be that teacher who can't hold kids in my lap because it hurts, or who can't lift up a kid to reach something because I'm not strong enough.

All of that.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Originally mine was to get off diabetic meds, which has been accomplished. Now it is to be the guy my wife married and to be around for a good long time.

Congrats on getting off the meds!
  • KaylaMarie2525
    Options
    To be more confident and wear cute summer clothes and actually enjoy summer for once!
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to be an open person. I've led a debilitating, introverted lifestyle for as long as I can remember due to a mixture of anxiety, depression during my youth, addictive behaviors (gambling—which I've kicked, and food—which I'm in the process of kicking), and a compounding negative view of my emotional and physical self. I'm tired of having things to say or share or express to others only to subconsciously set a wall in my own way. I've got a lot of love to give and to show, as a stranger, as family, as a friend, as a lover, and losing weight and doing my best to share my progress and opening up about my struggles is my first step toward that.

Oh and you know—sex.
  • struggeling53
    struggeling53 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To be healthier and happier, and to live a happy and long life. I need to get healthy so I can be happy.