Need advice...Family Meal Planning Suggestions

Options
onrush
onrush Posts: 25
I have a family of four and was wondering if anyone trying to lose weight has a system or advice since I am finding it hard to make meals for all of us to enjoy. Everyone in my family is fit. I am the only one trying to lose weight. Is it better to eat separate foods or try to cook for everyone. Would appreciate any suggestions that have help you through this journey.

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook one meal for everyone. However, I will do some additions. For instance, the 4 year old in the house LOVES buttered noodles. We all eat the boneless skinless chicken breasts and the steamed broccoli that I make. However, I give him about a half a cup of buttered noodles in addition to his chicken/broccoli. For me, I just eat the chicken and double my broccoli.

Sometimes, I just make healthy meals, and the boys in the house just eat what they want of it, even though I just take one or two servings.

Also, when I do thinks like burritos, they pick what they want, I pick what I want.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One meal for everyone. But how I cook has changed immensely. First thing I did was switched out butter for ICBINB. All vrgetables are steamed. I still cook mashed potatoes, Grits, rice & Mac & cheese, but I limit my portions to a half cup. I remember breakfast would come to a screeching halt if there was not at least one Pillsbury biscuit for everyone. We haven't bought biscuits since June 2012. Still eat bread, for sandwiches, but it's Healthy Life bread, mini bagels, & slimwich type buns. Desserts changed from cakes & brownies to fruit & nuts. Lite became mandatory, dressing, sour cream, ice cream. Although I still eat regular bacon, we now eat turkey sausage patties, sausage links . I use turkey, in my tacos, spaghetti, Chili & Sloppy Joe's. Food still taste pretty dang good. but healthier.