Im new and have a question...

Options
Hi all - Im new to this website. I started dieting about 3 weeks ago and have lost 10 lbs already. I think this website is a good tool for me. I am currently just walking for an exercise . I was told I should try a Zumba class. Has anyone tried that ?

Replies

• ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda' new too. I would love to try a Zumba class so I'm interested to see what people say.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I have never done it but my cousin posted before and after pictures on FaceBook and WOW!!!! Makes me want to do it! What a difference!!!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I don't know anything about Zumba...........I do water aerobics. Did you know that you can log your bowling as excercise?
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    there is not a zumba class offered near me... can you buy the videos to do at home?
  • 5kqueen
    5kqueen Posts: 6
    Options
    I have done an areobics class and the instructor does both at the gym i go to. She puts a little zumba in our Areobics stuff and it is fun. I am going to take the actual class with her, it is a work out..

I might get the dvd's to try it at home to.. google zumba and there are a bunch of them...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i have done the zumba class at my gym a few times..i'm not a huge fan but mostly cause of the music and i'm extremely uncoordinated...i dont feel like i can get a proper calorie burn while i do those type of classes...i'll do spin or pilates or the weight class...i'll even eventually get to the kickboxing and/or step class but the dancing just doesnt work for me...i wish it did cause i love to club dance :)
    good luck and welcome...use this board and all the tools that come with the website every day for the absolute best results...
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    I've heard its tons of fun! Here's the website to buy the DVDs.... I'm thinking of getting them for my new home gym! Good luck!
    www.zumba.com
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. I like doing it with a group of friends, but I really don't think it's a big workout. I really like step class. That's a insane workout, and it's fun.
  • amyfritz
    amyfritz Posts: 33
    Options
    I do a zumba like class and I love it, the hour flies by before I know it. I wouldnt say its the most intense workout, but its always good to mix moderate and high intensity, so go for it and have fun
  • terib67
    terib67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!! Two years ago I took and actually taught Zumba for nine months. Now, I did take dance and was a cheerleader most of my childhood. It is true if you don't feel coordinated dancing you may be uncomfortable. But please don't let that stop you! Listen, 95% of the folks in Zumba classes are not NFL line dancers, they're just there for the fun and the excercise, and let me tell you, you will burn some serious calories. The classes are alot more fun than doing it at home, but if you have no choice, the dvd's are available. By the way, the only reason why I stopped was because I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor that was causing wicked headaches. Good luck!
  • jacerulli
    jacerulli Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh cool. I didn't even think of that ! Thanks :)
  • jacerulli
    Options
    There are videos you can buy.
  • jacerulli
    Options
    Thanks. I did a kickboxing class years ago and I loved it. But unfortunately I have had 2 back surgeries so I have
    to be very careful what types of exercises I do. Congrats on your weight loss !!! Keep it up ! Or actually, I should say keep it down :)