For the Ladies ---A Different Kind of Challenge!

Options
Hey ladies!
On Monday when I was leaving for work, I realized I hadn't put any make up on. When my husband noticed ( hes a fan of all natural) he challeneged me to go all week without wearing any makeup.
For someone who is very self conscious as it is, this was hard. But you know what? It's not as bad as it seems. Yeah its weird looking in the mirror in the bathroom and seeing all of the dry skin, random marks, and pimple or two ( gasp!) but in a way it feels liberating!
So while you are watching what your eating an exercising, give your skin a break and see how it feels...I dare you !!

Replies

• emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is great!

I used to wear make up every day 7 days a week more heavy on a weekend!

My skin broke out really bad, and I quit wearing it, now I do when I go my skin has never been better :D
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    This is right up my alley! It is really hot and humid here, so my face is melting as we speak. I can do this one! It really speaks volumes about being confident as you are. Another slow process that I am tackling day by day.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I hardly ever wear makeup....not to feel liberated, but because I'm too lazy!! lol No seriously, I've started wearing it again but I wear very little: loose powder, lil blush, eyeliner and a touch of mascara. The only thing you can really even tell that I have on is the eyeliner and the only reason I even do that is because I look like I'm half asleep without anything pepping my eyes up. Even on the days I'm just really not in the mood, I won't wear anything but I'll put on some eyeliner. Then I don't quite look like that walking zombie I saw first thing in the a.m.

It's nice, though, to be able to see yourself and know that you are beautiful to others (flawed skin and all)!
  • Bambie
    Bambie Posts: 12
    Options
    I've never worn makeup! Okay, not completely true...I did for my wedding and on special occasions I have been known to put on eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick. But I haven't a clue how to put anything else on without looking like a clown! Good for you for taking you hubby's challenge and being confident to do it! There's nothing wrong to wearing makeup or going without!
  • cpenn1980
    cpenn1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    this is awesome! I think everyone needs to take a break from makeup to let their skin breathe. I don't wear much, about the same as mommamills as I hate the feel of anything heavy on my face. I sweat too much and it just looks like a mess anyway. So here's to beautiful natural faces!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Once my boyfriend told me he thought I looked more beautiful without makeup (early on when we first started dating), I started going with less and less makeup 'til I was only wearing mascara and lining my waterline or nothing at all. I looked through some pictures of previous makeup looks I had done and realized how much I missed it! Since then (about a couple months ago), I started doing my makeup with fun colors again and wearing more than I was before... and I've found on days where I'm wearing at least 2 shades with liner on top and bottom, plus mascar and lining my waterline, he always tells me I look so beautiful. I do makeup for ME, not anyone else...so I'll wear makeup when I do or DO not feel like it.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome to hear how many of you don't even wear it. I honestly don't miss it now that Ive gone 4 days without it. Plus if anything, it gives me an extra few minutes in the morning to just relax!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    it's funny, i'm 33yrs old & never learned 2 put on make-up. i do wear lip gloss but that's abt it. i just don't have the confidence 2 put on makeup or the skill. i need 2 do that opposite HAHA! i applaud all of u that do & look so pretty when u do it. i just wanna enhance & have fun (i'm not afraid 2 wear any color lol)

u ladies can do this challenge!! <thumbs up!>
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    I enjoy wearing make-up.... But, about a month ago, I just stopped. And, I love how much time I save and I don't feel like I really NEED it anymore.

I still wear a good SPF moisturizer, concealer for the random spots, and a little eyebrow powder...and I curl my eyelashes. Make up takes 5 minutes in the morning now vs. the 10 - 15 it did before.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    The only time I wear make-up is if I am going out at night. I live in Florida, and we spend a lot of time outside, which means 5 minutes after applying any make-up, you'll be sweating if off.....how attractive is that?!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Since I have been biking back and forth to work, I do not wear make up. I just slap a bit of mascara and lip gloss on when I get here. At first it sucked, but my skin has gotten alot better. So now when I do get all dolled up and put makeup on my skin looks soo much better!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup except for the occasional night out or for a special occasion. I have very sensitive skin and makeup makes my face breakout with eczema if I wear it too frequently. I have went so long without it that it doesn't bother me. It saves me a lot of time getting ready for work in the morning.
  • tezramenne
    Options
    This is such a coincidence! My husband just challenged me to do this same thing. When we first met, I didn't wear a thing on my face, just Carmex for my lips. Over the years, I morphed into wearing a full face of makeup every day. I don't leave the house without it. So, for this week, I've been paring it down by eliminating eye makeup except mascara. I'm not sure I'll be able to do without foundation, but I guess I'll give it a try. What's the worst that can happen, right??
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Florida is brutal this time of the year for makeup. I don't wear much face makeup... mostly eye. Rarely do I wear makeup on the weekend & I generally wash it off when I get home. I work in a suit & tie professional world... it's not really possible for me to not wear makeup.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to wear makeup daily, but I always had a problem keeping it on - I don't know if it was from oily skin sweat or what, but I would put it on in the morning go to work and by noon it was all gone anyway - yet I kept putting in on day after day after day, but then I had my second baby (who just turned one) and lost my job all at the same time so I am now a stay at home mom who usually wears workout clothes all day and absolutely no makeup and my skin looks great - I will still put some on from time to time when we go out, but lately all I've been doing is a little mascara on my blonde lashes and a little lip gloss.

I also used to wear my contacts every day (and I'm ashamed to say this but every night as well) I only took them out when it was time to change the pair - at my last eye doc appt the doc told me I was affecting the blood vessels in my eyes by sleeping in them - so I decided to change that too - now I'm in the habit of wearing my glasses more than my contacts - I used to hate the way I looked in glasses - just like the make-up issue, now I have this new found confidence that I know I look good and I feel good and I don't have to "fix myself up" for anyone!!! Very liberating!