New here. Just beginning my journey.

Options
My name is LeAnn. I'm a 31 y.o. SAHM of 5. I just decided it's time to lose some weight and tone up. I really don't know where to start. I just ordered the zumba dvds and I can't wait for them to get here. I'm hoping between that and a low calorie diet that i will be able reach my goal weight. I also hope to make some friends along the way. Here's to losing weight. I wish us all the best of luck.

Replies

• Hi Welcome aboard
  • 2wawas
    2wawas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Leann...welcome! You'll love MFP and Zumba too! I've been doing both for about 1 1/2 yrs...Good luck!
  • itzmelaura
    itzmelaura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find tons of people here that will support you and cheer you on. There is also a lot of information to help you be successful in your goals. Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • missmoreno000
    missmoreno000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im semi-new to this as well. I used to use this site a ton before but fell off the wagon BIG TIME. I am now finding myself back on here trying to loose 37 pounds and training for a 10km run ....49days. What was I thinking right? Well Im 32yrs old, and feel that this IS the time to begin a new and healthy journey. So if you and anyone else wants to stick to together and support each other. Feel free to add me. Best of luck!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You've already started by signing up here. Fill out your profile correctly, set realistic goals, and log everything honestly. You'll do great!
  • jessica_hart
    Options
    HI:) I liked zumba and it did work but I wanted something alittle more challanging so that I feel like its working so today i start Insanity:)
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi my name is Tisha, mom of 3, stay at home mom as well, I'm 29 will be 30 in June, welcome here is the first step for all of us
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    You will do great, I would never of lost all this weight without the friendly and helpful people on this site.

Anyone can add me

Be Lucky :smile:
  • leannlang81
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about this journey. I've never had to exercise or diet before. But since I turned 30 it's like my whole body and metabolism have changed. Good luck to you all :)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about this journey. I've never had to exercise or diet before. But since I turned 30 it's like my whole body and metabolism have changed. Good luck to you all :)

One thing that really helps is to not think of it as "dieting" (which is a negative), but think of it as a healthy lifestyle change (a positive).
  • Karmen1234
    Options
    Hi! Welcome aboard! I've only been on for 40ish days, but at 54 years old I found that this is the site to be on! I really thought it would be hard at my age, but I've logged every day, every morsel of food, every drink and I've lost more than expected. Still some to go, but I know if I stick to MFP I'll lose it all in no time!