Working on getting my groove back

Options
Hi everyone. I am a fifty five year old woman that look and feel a lot younger.
I have given my entire life raising my 3 adult children, which still live at home and supporting my amazing husband. I have been a caretaker for adults and children with disabilities for 10 years and before that I worked in an organization that serviced the community through offering job training/support, food bank, clothing, moral support etc. All this just to say that I have forgotten about me in the process and am looking to reconnecting with myself and enjoy MY life. I kind of have put myself on the back burner.
This weight loss journey is a part of that process. lf you are on the same journey we could encourage each other. I am a cheerful.positive,good natured person that is serious about losing the weight. Any new friends are welcome. Have a great day and all the best. I know we can do it.

Replies

• Dordye
    Dordye Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome
  • WannaBeFitJean
    WannaBeFitJean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome =) I think your amazing, for all that you do and have done! Im sending you a add!
  • Zzzawake
    Zzzawake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Zzzawake
    Zzzawake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you that is very nice of you. I will definitely be posting here daily to stay on track and give and receive encouragement. Just new and learning how to use the site.
  • K00kaburra
    Options
    Hi! Many women put themselves on the "back burner", but it's time to change that! Welcome......feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I would love to support you and to get some support in return. I have been on this site for 19 months and I have only lost about two lbs. But at least I have not gained any weight. I am trying harder this year. I guess when you get in your 50's its a lot harder!