50 POUNDS LOST!

Options
Sorry for the caps, but I am so excited! My weight loss journey began in June of last year when my mother decided to tell me that I looked like I put on weight. Being in the denial I was, I decided to prove her wrong and get on the scale. She was right and I had gained 10 pounds in the one month that I had been on summer break from school. Just one month!

I have always had problems with my weight. From entering kindergarten to graduating high school, I was always the bigger girl. There was a time my sophomore year of high school that I lost 20 pounds, but that all came back on in a matter of months. I had a problem with not exercising. I didn't eat that much, but what I did eat wasn't the right kind of foods (fast food, Pop Tarts, etc.). When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a very small case of PCOS. I didn't have all of the symptoms, but what I did have was the weight problems.

Once in college, it took me two years to realize how fat I had gotten. When I started my summer break after my sophomore year, I had weighed 213. When I hopped on the scale in June, I weighed 223. I needed to change. So I started doing Jillian Michael's DVDs, joined MyFitnessPal, and drank so much water I could bust. A month into my weight loss, I discovered Zumba. It changed my life! It's all I do now and has attributed to most of my weight loss.

I still have more to work on, like toning and getting rid of that stubborn back and arm fat but I am so happy where I am at today. I turn 21 in a week, and even though I'm not going to hit my goal of 160 by then, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present :)

I didn't measure myself, but I have some fun clothing size stats:

Shirt size - L (before) / M (after)
Pant size - 18 (before) / 12 (after)
Ring size - 9 (before) / 7 (after)
Shoe size - 10 (before) / 9 (after)
Dress size - 18/20 (before) / 12/14 (after)

I couldn't believe how much my feet shrunk!

023795bf-ef3c-4a8a-812a-9aad69c69673_zps4027e3b3.jpg

Replies

• dkberger98
    Options
    That is fantastic great job. Way to stay motivated and not worry about hitting your goal by your birthday but what you have achieved.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Congratulations!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great job and fun to see your statistics. ( I have a few rings that I haven't worn in a long time...so it will be nice to wear them again before long! ) Keep up the good work.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Amazing job!

P.S.-Your shoe size changes?! Whoa.
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes! I went it to Payless to get my size because all of my shoes have gotten so big and it said I was a 9. My left foot is actually a little bit smaller at a 8.5.
  • homecamp
    homecamp Posts: 17
    Options
    :happy: Super! Give yourself a pat on the back you deserve it!
  • Gingeroot70
    Gingeroot70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your before and after!! Getting me motivated to start my diet and exercise again!!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jayherbert
    Options
    very cool and encouraging..you look happy!!
  • WannaBeFitJean
    WannaBeFitJean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good for you, You look great!!
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    congratulations. you look great! i love your stats in terms of clothing, shoe and ring size! every girl can tell the difference!
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great! Keep it up girl :)
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - well done!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful ....... enjoy your new lifestyle !
  • vlwimb84
    vlwimb84 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • devil666princess
    Options
    wow that is really insipring i wish i could do that but my body just doesnt want to loose the weight
    I have hypothyriodism which makes you put on weight and makes you tired also im on tablets for life which should make me loose weight but doesnt seem to help much
  • happylady5254
    happylady5254 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well done to you. You look great
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny? I was a shoe size 8 my entire life...

... And now I've been finding size 8s too big. My snow boots are a forgiving size seven. I didn't think I'd lose weight in my feet! I don't wanna buy new shoes as well as new clothes...!

It's nice to know that you lost a shoe size too! I'm not the only one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!