Cabbage

Options
I have 2 heads of cabbage someone gave me and no one else in my house will eat it. Except me.Now, what do I make with it? Any ideas?

Replies

• DesiMum
    DesiMum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Shred , drizzle lemon juice, paprika or chilli powder and salt, toss top with something crispy or dried cranberries and chopped fruit. Nice crunchy low cal salad
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fry with bacon
  • inkmonster
    Options
    soup its really good in soup
  • truckers_wife
    Options
    Make a batch of stuffed cabbage rolls. Then divide leftovers into individual serving and freeze.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I slice the cabbage REALLY fine ...... make coleslaw with rice wine vinegar ...... add to green salads ...... and add to soups :drinker:
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have some boiling with corned beef right now. YUM. Lots of sodium, but the calories aren't too bad. Going to add some potatoes later, of course. One of our favorite Sunday meals. Also, reserving some of the leaves for cabbage rolls later in the week.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A Jamie Oliver-style rainbow salad - simply grate or shred it (easiest with a food processor) along with a load of other veg. I like raw beetroot, carrot and onion. Tip the whole lot into a dish - comes out in rainbow stripes. Fab with grilled chicken and a dressing made with Greek yogurt. It also keeps well in the fridge so you can make a big pile of it and throw it in your lunch box the next day etc.

I also shred cabbage and use it in stir fries or steamed with chopped bacon thrown in.
  • brianzerfas
    brianzerfas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was going to say cabbage rolls as well, they are my fav!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am too lazy for cabbage rolls. I just shred the cabbage and cook it together with the other ingredients in a large pan.

I also cook it into my stir fries, instead of noodles or rice.

Asian coleslaw: cabbage, sesame oil, vinegar and sesame seeds.
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Asian coleslaw: cabbage, sesame oil, vinegar and sesame seeds.

This.

I usually shred it up and stir fry it. Just don't cook it too long or you'll stink up the house :(
  • reneeopruitt
    reneeopruitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to try this:

http://www.quickneasyrecipes.net/category/cabbage/
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone!