Totally Addicted to CARBS!!

Options
i just love potatos...im an extremely fussy eater.
all i tend to have are fries,mash,pasta....boiled potato,jacket potato......
anyone else have this problem?
i wish i could snack on fruit but cant bare the texture of most, except bananas.
Anyone know a way around this? like could i make low cal potato based foods and still lose weight?
ill eat chicken also......
really need a way to introduce new foods into my diet in small steps......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    There have been a few posts in the past few days about baked potato *and* chicken recipes! =D
    I'm sure they're still towards the top of the lists of topics if you want to look for them.

As for fruit, I'm surprised banana is the only texture you like since most people are the opposite. Maybe try to make sure your fruits are ripe enough? Lately I've been getting beautiful mangos, blueberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon.
  • mich0602
    mich0602 Posts: 1
    Options
    what about cauliflower? can you prepare this like a mashed potato without the calories?
  • nevadasmama
    Options
    I totally hear you! I love carbs. Not necessarily potatoes, but bread, pasta and of course SWEETS! It is hard to eat things that you don't like, but sometimes you start eating it and actually start to like them. Like, I used to hate broccoli, ug, just the thoughts of it and I would make a face. Then I had some at a Japanese restaraunt that was sooooo yummy, not mushy, kind of crisp but still done. I have liked broccoli ever since. I don't know if you are at all into meal replacement shakes or if so how much you want to put into them. But beachbody has this product called Shakeology that has rave reviews. It has all sorts of good stuff in it, but it is rather pricey. If you are a team beachbody member (the upgraded one) then you get a discount. They have it in a container that has 30 servings and it will end up costing you about 4 to 4.50 a day. So that might be an option to replace one of your meals with that because it is filling when you make it with skim milk. And you can add fruits to it and blend it so that you are getting your fruits in a shake. And if that is not for you then I can only suggest trying to go online and checking out low carb recipes. My husband is on a almost no carb diet and he has fixed a lot of things that are tasty that really do not have hardly any carbs. It is just getting yourself out of the habit of eating those things you love best. And you can always eat them on your cheat day. Good luck.

Shelley
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    thanks ill have a look for those!
    I know you can make KFC style chicken using cornflakes rather than breadcrumbs ,and using the oven instead of frying...
    swede is supposed to be like potatos....but never tasted it.
    Is this true?
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yeah im currently on the slimfast plan...
    so shakes replace both breakfast and lunch....im allowed a 600calorie meal in the evening...so this is
    where i need to ditch the carbs.
    only thing with slimfast is the shakes have a lot of sugar...so i get that rush and then about 2 hours later i feel tired.haha

but it does allow three 95calorie snacks inbetween each "meal"....i just tend to not have these.
    could you maybe post some of the things your hubby makes for ideas please? :P
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    what about cauliflower? can you prepare this like a mashed potato without the calories?

I have had these at Thanksgiving dinner once and they were amazing!!!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    You still need carbs in moderation. :bigsmile:

I often make potatos with parsnips and rutabaga (there is no way I spelled that right). I boil them all together (1:1:1 ratio), add a little salt and garlic. Then I drain, mash just like regular potatos, and maybe add a LITTLE cream cheese and butter. Really tasty and adds some variety by way of veggies.