NSV - I can get into a LARGE, no 'x's' :)

Options
I had a total NSV moment last week when I was just out shopping. Didn't think anything of it when I walked into H&M... I've never been able to fit into their clothes, so I always go there for accessories. They had a sale and some really cute tops and I thought, "well, let's just see for fun"... I grabbed two large shirts and went to try them on. As soon as they were over my chest, I realized, THEY FIT!!!! I teared up, (and immediately bought them!!) I was so excited!!

Then my sister had to try to blow my self esteem down. I (mistakenly) told her about my NSV and her comment: "oh, yeah, I heard they started making fat sizes."... gee, thanks sis :grumble:

I don't care if it was the 'fat size' large, it's still a Large with no "X" in front! victory! :happy:

Replies

• sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That was insensitive of your sister. I know that feeling, you should be proud of yourself!!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I hope you smacked her upside her fool head. And congrats on the large, I know that's exciting.

Don't let the sister get you down, and you should have set her straight right then and there and told her to never say anything like that again. Grrrrrrr silly silly SILLY people
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful NSV!! Shame on your sister ... larges are definitely NOT fat sizes. Ugh.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    wow, that was rude of your sister....
    but way to go!! an NSV is an NSV! congrats and keep up the great work!
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)

I just don't let her get to me anymore. She doesn't care about other people's feelings and she also doesn't listen to advice. I've been telling her about MFP since it was introduced to me. Her and I decided to officially try losing weight this year... When we're out, people comment to me, but not to her, so it may be a jealousy thing... I just hope one day she'll listen and try this.. it's working for me! in the meantime, she can go ahead and think she knows better :wink:
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling huh? I experienced that same exact moment last month. It was awesome. Great job!!!!!
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats, have fun shopping!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I had a total NSV moment last week when I was just out shopping. Didn't think anything of it when I walked into H&M... I've never been able to fit into their clothes, so I always go there for accessories. They had a sale and some really cute tops and I thought, "well, let's just see for fun"... I grabbed two large shirts and went to try them on. As soon as they were over my chest, I realized, THEY FIT!!!! I teared up, (and immediately bought them!!) I was so excited!!

Then my sister had to try to blow my self esteem down. I (mistakenly) told her about my NSV and her comment: "oh, yeah, I heard they started making fat sizes."... gee, thanks sis :grumble:

I don't care if it was the 'fat size' large, it's still a Large with no "X" in front! victory! :happy:

BUMP!

Alot of the high street clothing companies are making 'larger' ranges, Inspire in New Look for example, I'll be honest I think the models in the Inspire part look alot healthier then the 'normal section!

Most importantly well done!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ah-maaaaazing!!! That must've felt awesome!! Congrats!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that may be one of the meanest things I ever heard...well CONGRATS! good for you and keep up the good hard work :)
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LOOOVE THE NSV..... No matter how small i get i wear medium or large, so no its not a FAT size.... slap her upside the head for me!!!
    again, LOVE THE NSV :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options

My mom is like that!! I was trying on dresses and I fit in a regular 14 instead of a Women's 14 (U.S. Sizes) and I was ecstatic b/c I was only fitting in the women's 14. My mom was like...well I guess you still have a while to reach your goal! I was so mad!! So I know where you are coming from! But CONGRATS!! That is a great victory!! :happy:
  • Americanpeanut
    Options
    Awesome!! Great job!! NSV's are fantastic!! Keep on going, you're fabulous!! :)
  • ivyhaus
    ivyhaus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! That is exciting. Don't let anybody rain on your parade. You have made a great transition!
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Just ignore her!

ETA: Just realized this is a really old thread, not sure why it popped up... but I stand by what I said anyway haha.
  • lisad1971
    lisad1971 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take it your sister is not overweight. I'm gonna get all Dr. Phil here and say that your weight loss is making her uncomfortable and the insensitive comment is her way of dealing with her own insecurities.

Just ignore her and let her adjust to the new you. She'll get there eventually :)
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thats a HUGE NSV moment despite what your sister said. A Large is a Large is a Large! Keep pushing and soon you will be in a medium! :D Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!