Electronic cigarettes

Options
Has anyone tried these or have a brand they would recommend? Im considering buying it to quite smoking

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    the V2 Cigs are the best IMO after smoking 15+ yrs they did the trick, I started with full then went to light and in 3 months.. put it down all together.. its the best thing especially when you are trying to lose weight as more than not most people gain weight when they quit cold turkey.. best wishes on your journey

http://www.v2cigs.com/
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    the V2 Cigs are the best IMO after smoking 15+ yrs they did the trick, I started with full then went to light and in 3 months.. put it down all together.. its the best thing especially when you are trying to lose weight as more than not most people gain weight when they quit cold turkey.. best wishes on your journey

http://www.v2cigs.com/

how much do they cost? Is it cheaper that cigarettes? im spending over $100 every 2 weeks for me and my husband
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I spent about 120$ a month for 3 months just for myself.. I found that I didnt smoke as much towards the end.. it takes some getting use too, the feel, weight of the cigarette, etc.. but you wont stink like an ashtray, click the link I posted and they have starter kits so u can try it out without breaking the bank,
  • ssami_89
    Options
    I spent about 120$ a month for 3 months just for myself.. I found that I didnt smoke as much towards the end.. it takes some getting use too, the feel, weight of the cigarette, etc.. but you wont stink like an ashtray, click the link I posted and they have starter kits so u can try it out without breaking the bank,

I cant Im at work but I did write down the website for later thankyou :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I used the SMOKE NV INC. brand without nicotine in combination with Champix and have been smoke free for 1yr and 2 months. I still drag on my electroninc smoke from time to time. I would say it was the one thing that got me through it. I HIGHLY recommend them!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Everything you could want to know & more on that link. Love mine, switched to it about 9 months ago and feeling much healthier now! It's about $25 a month for refill liquids and parts for me, much cheaper than my pack a day habit was!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I smoked for 25 years & quit with e-cigs in April 2011. I'm still smoke free.

I wasted money on blu & v2 for month or so, but used WAY less expensive liquid and equipment today, maybe $8/month on cartridges and up to $40 for liquid.

I'd recommend an eGo battery and Vision CE5 or Kanger 3 cartridge for a beginner, but you can get way more information the E-Cigarette Forum, or ECF (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/).

I was reducing nicotine for a while, but started a graduate program and then a teaching assistantship and haven't since then (although many people successfully get to zero nicotine juice). So I'm still addicted to nicotine, but I was riding my mountain bike more than 20 miles at a shot (at my weight!) last summer, endurance I never had at 100 lbs less. My blood pressure is also way lower (108/70, heart rate of 60). I feel better, my skin and color are better, so I'm happy with them. They've been a huge help to me in making exercise far more manageable. Feel free to message me if you have questions.
  • ssami_89
    Options
    All of this positive feedback is great! im so exceited to start it !
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BLOOG is awesome! Although I also use the high tec eGo-twist recently. It's a little too complicated but check out bloogplanet.com I LOVE them. Starter packs are around $50. My mom smoked a pack a day for 20 years. Changed to BLOOG and never looked back. If you have questions feel free to add me.
  • ssami_89
    Options
    BLOOG is awesome! Although I also use the high tec eGo-twist recently. It's a little too complicated but check out bloogplanet.com I LOVE them. Starter packs are around $50. My mom smoked a pack a day for 20 years. Changed to BLOOG and never looked back. If you have questions feel free to add me.

I most likely will have some questions ill go ahead and add you just incase
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I agree with the Ego battery/ vision clearo setup. It's how I quit months ago and I still use mine today. I plan on quitting vaping on my 1 year off cigs day. I don't think it will be too difficult.
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    I use volcano :) they have good quality liquid and it's extremely affordable. They also sell ego ecigs... They call it the inferno. I use mine with a tube tank and LOVE it. Seems like i actually eat less because of it too, instead of grabbing a snack before sitting down to read or watch tv, I grab my e cigarette and a glass of water. Good luck!
  • affini12
    affini12 Posts: 25
    Options
    My boyfriend has been using his for almost a year. I would recommend volcanoecigs.com. Get a variable voltage battery (lavatube is what he has). He tried all the cheaper ones over the last 3 years, and this was the one that got him to stick with it.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The e-go actually does have a battery you can replace btw. But I feel like it's bulkier. The bloog is more discreet and only slightly different than the e-go. Bloog isn't as hard of a "hit" per say. Either way I like my e-go and I still use my bloogs every once in a while.
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been an ecig user for 4 years. My daughter bought a starter kit for me and i have been a vaper every since. I know a lot of people use e cigs to quit but i like vaping so i now am hooked to these :) But i smell better and my health is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I switched from smoking to vaping a year ago and are very happy with it. We have tried many batteries/juices etc and have landed on the Itazte mvp with a variable voltage battery, he buys the liquid at wicked vapor (i think). He's been quite the alchemist with this stuff and has learned how to clean the tubes to make them last longer and we mix in our own amount of nicotine since I use more then he does. You can find how to do that stuff on Youtube. We both do insanity every day and can run many miles without being winded thanks to switching from our pack and a half a day habit to e-cigs.
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Blu electronic cigarettes are only about ten dollars for the disposable ones. This is a good one to start with. You don't have to charge it or buy any liquids to fill it. I like the flavor of it better than a more expensive fillable one I bought previously.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    We use the blu cig. We love them!!
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love my e cig. I've used a few brands, and find the 'pen style' of v2 or premium to be the most satisfying for hand mouth feel and able to fit in the pocket of any pants I have discreetly. I have found the best for me is a v2 battery with blanks and juice from ecblend.com. You can make any flavor you want, customize up the wazoo, and they are very cheap.
    A few warnings though:
    You will not find an ecig that tastes like a real cigarette. Some are close, but you will not find it. This is easier if you're a menthol smoker. Don't expect it to be the same flavor!
    The nicotine hit from an ecig will hit you faster and stronger than an analog. Be careful the first few days! I've made myself sick a few times.
    Try a disposable before you go and spend a ton on something that won't work for you. Walmart and your cigarette store will have them. V2 makes disposables and they are quite nice.
    You probably won't quit smoking. Some people do, but most become ecig users, which is just fine. I find I don't have the cough or the smell or any of the other bad things that come with smoking. But you still need to tell doctors that you use nicotine.
    Hope you like it!
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had been a smoker for 10 years and now I have been smoke free for over a year with V2 ciggs. When I researched eciggs I was just intending to switch from ciggerettes to vaping as it seemed alot better for my health. I was able to completely replace ciggerettes with vaping in the first week, and after a couple of months I wasn't even using my ecigg anymore.

Now I only bring out the eciggs when I have been drinking alcohol, as smoking and drinking always went together for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!