1200 calories

Options
I'm thinking about starting a 1200 calorie count diet..Have anyone tried it if so how did it work for you and will your body go into starvation mode?

Replies

• Gossamer5
    Gossamer5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day. If you go below that your body will go into starvation mode. You are better off setting your daily goal higher and bouncing your calories around to fool your body and you will lose weight. I have mine set at 2000 a day but I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1700 and exercise on top of that. You won't lose weight if you don't do it right.
  • SweetiePie3
    Options
    Thanks
  • ibgardener
    Options
    I only eat 1200 calories when I haven't exercised at ALL.:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thats what I did and thats how I lost my weight. Worked for me!
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I let Fitness Pal set my daily calories for me along with advice from my wellness coach via my health insurance. I have health issues that prevent me from exercising so it set me at about 1300 a day. Yes, you need at least 1200. I average between 1100 - 1300 per day. I thought I would be hungry but I really am not. I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, high fiber foods and protein. I average about 2 snacks a day, one in the afternoon and one at night in addition, of course, to my 3 meals. I am averaging about 1-2 pounds lost per week. I think it is a trial and error basis and you won't know what works for you until you give it a good try. The Fitness Pal website is a great find and has helped me considerably. It keeps me accountable! Best wishes to you for great successes!
  • SweetiePie3
    Options
    Wow! did you feel weak when you first started?
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    That is what I am doing some days I do go a little higher around 1400 calories I haven't started working out yet that is what I am nervous about.
  • SweetiePie3
    Options
    Thanks, thats what I was worried about being hungry. a co-worker told me when when I feel hungry late night to drink a cup of broth.