Need you !

Options
Hey everyone ! Im 17 and loking for a motivational friend. I know what you are all thinking shes only 17 and not allowed to be on here... BUT what is a girl to do ! Ladies you know what im talking about when i say you struggle with your body image when you hit a certain age. Im cyber schooled so I dont really move around much besides work and the town I live in. I recently have started eating better in the past week and excercising for an hour 1/2 and in a week ive lost 5lbs ! Im just looking for someone who can help me with my movivation and I could help them back ((: I used to weigh 168lbs and im 5'3" I went through a really hard time in my life and lost about 26lbs and I wass in the 140's then gained 10lbs back. Ive been stuck in 150lbs for a few months now and like I said i recently lost 5lbs in the past week so now im 145lbs. I need someone who is going to need me as much as I am going to need them.

Replies

• AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    you got this!!! Who cares about the age thing, its really not the end of the world you are afterall trying to better yourself.. its important for you to be happy with your self image!!!..
    I try to be supportive of my friends on here... I'm 24 (I'll be 25 this year..and I have about 60ish lbs to lose) *sigh* its a long road for me..
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I agree anyone should be able to ask for help with weight and teenagers are no exceptation to the rule. when it comes to what people think it doesn't matter what they think. the journey is about you.
  • theuber
    theuber Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'll be honest, I don't care how old you are! I really think that of all the places to seek weight advice the community here will definitely help you build a healthy appreciation for fitness without going overboard and crashing and burning.

I really felt drawn to you specifically because you stated that you are cyber schooled. Wow, things have changed in the last 10 years. :-) I was homeschooled from 3rd grade through graduation, but all mine was done via correspondance where I mailed all my school work in to be graded. But I really do understand how that situation can make you sedentary and gain weight because you're certainly not as active as if you were running from class to class.

If you really want support, feel free to add me. I have over 100lbs to lose because of bad decisions, so I would love all the encouragement I can get! :-) My ticker doesn't seem to work, I have actually lost a total of 20 lbs in the past month, so I am happy to be making progress.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey age has nothing to do with it. We are all here for the same reason and that is to get healthy.
    Many of us can relate to what you are going through.
    I have over 100 #'s to lose and give feedback daily to my friends.
    You got this!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me, you are not alone... we are the same wieght and I am looking to get down to 95-100lbs and 5'1

I accept and support everyone with their goals:flowerforyou:
  • samathome64
    samathome64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a friend, I have just logged back in after a long time away and could also use the encouragement. I am looking to loose 40-50 lbs and am starting by making healthier choices, cutting out pop and junk food and excercising.
    looking forward to chatting with you.
  • fit4life_13
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking for support and motivation as well. I have about 40 pounds to go. Your never too young to make healthier changes to your lifestyle. Add Me Please! We can do this! :)
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    HI! You are right about that. No one is ever to young to make healthier changes. I am going to send you a friend request. I have a 90 day Summer Shape up Challenge starting on 3/18/13 if you are interested in being a part of what is going to be the best summer! The challenge is posted here on MFP so check it out. Have a great day.
    LisaMfit4life
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! How are you? I wanted to let you know that I have a 90 day Summer Shape up Challenge starting on 3/18/13 if you are interested in joining. I think it's great that you want to make healthy choices in your life. The90 day Summer Shape up challenge is posted here on MFP so check it out. I would be more than willing to provide support and motivation to help you achieve your goals. I am also starting another round of Beachbody's fitness program called Les Mills Combat if you are interested in checking out that fitness program. Les MIlls Combat is awesome and I am addicted. I will send you a friend request. If there are any questions you may have feel free to send me a message. I look forward to chatting with you.
    LisaMfit4life
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. My daughter's on here, and she's 17, too! Search for Aliceinwonderland... or you can add me. I don't mind. My diary is open if you want to see what we eat, although we don;t always eat the same things.

good luck on your journey...

Jan :0)
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Same for anyone else on here that would like motivation too
  • courtneyparsons
    Options
    Congratulations! Not many teenagers think about healthy ways to lose weight. Good for you! :smile: