Burning off "Over" Calories

Options
what do you do when you go over your weekly goal? do you try to exercise it all off or what? i was 511 cal over weekly goal last week (after doing some penance exercise last night) before it reset this morning - should I have to exercise that off as well or can I just start fresh today? I worry that I'll never "catch up"....

Replies

• Mulikme
    Mulikme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just try for a better day/week going forward. Use the past info as a learning experience on what you can change going forward but don't fret on it. You can't change the past.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hot Chips are my weakness....hmm deep fried carb load FTW lol
  • courtlynn933
    Options
    I never understood the penance exercising or starving yourself the next day cause of a binge the previous day. Take every day one at a time. Each day, try to make wiser decisions. All the little healthy choices add up. And eventually become habit. I mean, Last week I had 2 binge days. I just went through the cabinet and ate and ate and ate. chocolate is my fav. and peanut butter. However, those were the firstbinge days I had had in like 20 days or so. Before, it was a daily occurence. i would even sneak food and "hide" that I was eating it so I wouldn't get embarassed in front of my husband. When it becomes a situation where you are embarassed because of your eating habits, then it's time to change something. but to do that takes time. Don't stress yourself over a bad day. Once you realize it was a "bad" day. Take from that point of recognition to start back on the good track you want to be on. But beating yourself up over it only leads to more eating. You're doing great. Take it one day at a time.
  • disawell
    Options
    I never understood the penance exercising or starving yourself the next day cause of a binge the previous day.

Me either tbh but I was way over goal and I had time, energy and it was a pleasant evening so thought I would go for a walk (usually NOT my thing!) And staving yourself? Yeah-- NO!
  • AlanTuring
    AlanTuring Posts: 159
    Options
    I can kinda see the penance exercising thing, but it's really not necessary at all. Just remember that you used to have days like that all the time before you started counting calories and caring about that sort of thing, get back on the horse, and do it right again. Even a 5,000 calorie day isn't going to completely ruin your fitness goals as long as you're on track for long enough afterward.
  • disawell
    Options
    I can kinda see the penance exercising thing, but it's really not necessary at all. Just remember that you used to have days like that all the time before you started counting calories and caring about that sort of thing, get back on the horse, and do it right again. Even a 5,000 calorie day isn't going to completely ruin your fitness goals as long as you're on track for long enough afterward.

Great point, thanks