Ran a sub 20min 5k...!!!!

Options
hi

just back to exercise this year after a long, long break. Tonight i ran a 5k in 19:33 and am SOOO PUMPED!!!

wasnt gonna run tonight as i ran yesterday and it was hot - but glad i knocked back the offer of a beer. I felt fine for most of it, got scared at 15 mins for some wierd psychological for (deep water?) and it was the nicest feeling when beat the 20. only 27 seconds, but the most important 27 of my year :happy:

i realise that for some folks that times like shooting fish in a barrell, and for others, still a ways away, i'm not wanting to brag, its just so big for me i wanna get it off my chest!

Be good!

Replies

• kimberlyspoo
    Options
    that is amazing!!!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Brag, brag away! It's your victory and it's a good one!! I still walk 5k-no running for me! I will soon introduce some spurts of joggin, though. I do when I'm at the gym on the treadmill, just not my 5k route outside yet.
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    As a former runner who's trying to get back into the swing and whom can appreciate the effort . . . that is a serious milestone. Congrats!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Wow sadly this would take me 36 min!!! So you must have been cruisin! NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing!
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is really, really impressive! My best outside time on a 5k is 35 minutes and like 33 minutes on the treadmill (and I'm PROUD of those times), so 20 minutes seems impossible to me. Great job!
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kenny,

That's soooooo sweet - I don't reckon it's bragging if you've put in the effort and you've certainly done that - way to go mate. And good job for turning down that beer - it would have only added calories and kept you away from that sub 20!! Good job!

Kind Regards,

Joy.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You rock, Kenny. Seriously. Way to go! And, I think you should brag. After all, this is the place to be for bragging and these are the people in your choir, cheering you on and celebrating in your accomplishment. Stay strong and thanks for passing your *pumped* attitude on to the rest of us.

Cheers! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You're my hero Kenny!
    I wish I could run. It sounds like so much fun!
    :ohwell:
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 words AWE SOME. CONGRATS MAN!
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Kenny!! You've earned bragging rights! :bigsmile:
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing time! Be proud :):drinker: I've been running for years and my fastest is 27 min :embarassed: my little legs just don't seem to want to go fast.( But I can sure run long and not have it bother me)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Hey, I do well to walk ONE mile in under 20, so I am massively impressed! Way to go!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    wow! that is incredible!! i am extremely jealous hahah but congratulations!!!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That is massively impressive. Most people here the men winners of a 5K race are in the 15 and 16 min marks. My hubby places within his 19 min 5K. I mean thats a 6 min plus mile...Ahh I dream I am still in the 9's
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! Congrats to you-and your really fast feet and legs.
  • MelliCheer
    MelliCheer Posts: 26
    Options
    You are Fantastic! Keep up the great work :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!