Really Nice NSV

Options
BlackKat75
BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
I just finished competing in the annual bonspiel at our curling club. There are a lot of teams that we don't see during our league play, and only see them at this weekend tournament. We said hello to the members of one such team this year, and later at the bar, one of them came up to me and told me I'd lost so much weight he only recognized me because of my red hair! Because I've lost weight so slowly, it can sometimes be hard for me to really see the change in the mirror, but apparently it's pretty drastic!

Replies

• lisad1971
    lisad1971 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I can't wait to not be recognized :)
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, way to go! congrats on the weight loss. I am also doing it slowly and so far other than my husband and child no one seems to notice. I figure another 10lbs gone and others will notice. I just keep remembering I am losing weight for me, and try to ignore those who are too blind to notice that I lost 22 lbs.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Keep at it and soon people will be commenting. My magic number was right around 25 pounds - that was when the first person said anything about the fact that I had lost weight. (People may have noticed before, but didn't want to say anything.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!