Maintaining weight, help!?

Hi! I'm new to the whole 'maintaining weight' and just got over basically on a very low calorie diet for 7 months (1200 and lower) And now I'm scared I'm eating too much and will gain weight instead of keeping it the same :frown: Im 5'8 120lbs, today wasn't a great day for me (ate 1 1/2 cookies, and ice cream as well as a few easter egg chocolates) I've already exercised earlier today >burned 292 calories and am tired now< I ate 1 752 calories and was wondering if it was too much, etc.. You can check my food diary, as its open for everyone to see if you want more info.

PS: Some of the items on this list are estimated, like my ice cream intake, I never actually had a cup of it, but maybe 75% of a cup or so.

Breakfast

Ezekiel 4:9 & H-365 - Cinnamon Raisin Bread & Organic - Crunchy Peanut Butter, 1 slice (34 g) & tbls 80
Kraft - Peanut Butter Smooth Kraft (Canada), 1 Tbsp (15g) 90
Hannaford - Apple Sauce Strawberry/No Sugar Added, 1 cup (113 g) 50
Multisure - for Women - Multi Vitamin & Mineral Formula, 1 Capsule 0
Add Food Quick Tools 220

Lunch

Roast Beef - Sirloin Tip Roast, 6 oz cooked 156
Potatoes - Mashed, home-prepared, whole milk and margarine added, 0.5 cup 119
Carrots - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.5 cup slices 27
Green Giant - Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Corn & Beans), 0.25 cup frozen 19
Windows - Mashed Potatoes W/ Brown Gravy, 1/2 c 120
Add Food Quick Tools 441

Dinner

Ham, Sliced - Ham, Sliced, 1.75 slice 158
Cheese - Cheddar, 1 cubic inch 69
Spinach - Raw, 1 cup 7
Carrots - Raw, 1 small (5-1/2" long) 21
Produce - 10 Green Grapes, 10 grapes 34
Delmonte Fruit Naturals - Strawberries, 1 cup 49
Kraft - French Style Calorie-Wise Salad Dressing, 0.5 Tbsp 13
Add Food Quick Tools 351

Snacks

Stride Spearment Gum - Gum, 2 piece 8
Hersheys - Millk Chocolate Resses Peanut Butter Mini Eggs, 4 mini egg 160
Farmers Market - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, 1.5 cookie 255
Scotsburn Ice Cream - Hoof Prints, 1 cup 300

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Hi,

I am maintaining too now. I started on 1,200 calories, then upped them to 1,400 and now I eat 1,600 calories a day. I don't eat my exercise calories back though. Each time I upped my calories I also felt like I was eating too much but eating more seems to work for me and I have been the same weight, or there abouts, for the last three months. Just see how it goes for six weeks and if you feel like you are putting on weight, make some cut backs. If you would like some suggestions or some encouragement, add me :). I also have a food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - that you might want to take a look at :)

Ax
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    There is no reason for you to gain weight until you consume extra calories than what is recommended to you as your daily calorie goal....Remember, you will gain 1 pound in a week if you consume 500 extra calories daily / 3500 extra caloies weekly above your limit.......Do check your weekly reports available on MFP to have a fair idea of how much you are consuming weekly. if you are under your weekly goal than you should not be worried at all in my opinion. I too reached my desired weight goal recently and now I'm maintaining weight and trying to consume all my daily calories.

Also in my opinion, we should still try to have a deficit of 100 to 150 calories daily as we are not sure whether the food's nutritional values (calories, fats, carbs, etc.) we are entering in our diaries is 100% accurate or not....Means, it could be 100-150 calories more or less of what we consume in total. :)