Looking for supportive friends

Options
Hi,
I just joined yesterday and am excited about this new website. I am constantly monitoring my weight and struggle with 10 pounds. I'm over 50 and find it difficult to lose but I am very motivated with this tracking system. I love putting in my exercise and seeing the calories added. Looking for friends who struggle like me.
Theresa

Replies

• Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You. Can add me .i took off for the winter but I'm back I lost 23 lbs on hear and ready to lose more .
  • littylflynn
    Options
    Hi there,

I took the plunge and joined in the past month as my family told me (nicely) that I needed to lose a few pounds (more like 2 stone). I bought a set of scales and here I am! This is the first I have actually come online, normally I use the app on my mobile which is great for tracking calories and exercise on the move. To be honest, I didn't realise how much I was eating until I had the app, it's easier to be in a state of denial when you can 'forget' what you've had. I find now I'm also eating a lot healthier and consciously trying to exercise more! I only weigh myself once a week - Sunday is 'Weigh Day' so I can start the week fresh on a Monday. Trying to stick with it and make a more conscious effort. The app is always reminding me that you can lose three times more with a buddy so...here I am! :)

Kind regards
    Flynn
  • FrancisSoto
    Options
    Hey sweetheart loosing weight is not the easiest task but think its not the most impossible either .Like 4 years ago i thought i would not loose weight and i decide to comitt to loosing weight and i lost the weight .Now again im going to comit to loosing atleast 40 pounds and if you need my support too to loosing weight im here Ok
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Theresa.

I'm Myra, 44 in North Carolina. I understand the "it gets harder to lose as you get older" thing. I'm here every day....add me if you'd like :)
  • FrancisSoto
    Options
    im a struggler too my friend but lets have positive minds and comitt tom loosing and shedding pounds.
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    My name is Sharon and I'm in Pennsylvania. I'm 44 years old and I understand about losing weight being hard so some of my friends told me to take measurements(hips, waist, and thighs) and that works good for me. Go ahead and add me and I will encourage you all I can.
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard! Feel free to add me - 44 and I am on here everyday (my husband says I'm obsessive). started in Oct - lost 22lbs so far still have 35 to go.:happy:
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will recycle these last 10 lbs for the last time.
  • Avilamlee
    Avilamlee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel it is best to lose weight with support from others , I couldn't do it alone .... I struggle sometimes but this tracking your food really helps me , I hope it helps you too !
  • jrynae64
    jrynae64 Posts: 2
    Options
    Please add me. I am 48 and have struggled all my life :smile:
  • jrynae64
    jrynae64 Posts: 2
    Options
    please add me :smile:
  • Veurve
    Veurve Posts: 6
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. I'm from Sydney Australia and just love MFP.:smile: