Weight watchers VS my Fitness Pal

Options
After losing 19 lbs with weight watchers, I've decided to switch to MFP! Its free and has larger food search data.

Replies

• mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! As a Former WW member - I LOVE this site MUCH better!! - feel free to add me to your support team - We got this!! :smile:
  • boonies76
    boonies76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs on WW and now have gained it all back...I rejoined WW and am going to also use MFP for extra encouragement and advice. I am suffering from major munchies now :( Hoping I won't be too obsessed with being on the two sites
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I worked for Weight Watchers previously. So, of course, obviously I know what to do, just don't do it. So I think, rather know, this site will help me with accountability that the WW meetings did. I have the same approach here as I did at WW, "I bite it, I write it". I make sure to get all my fruit and vegetables every day, etc. So little things that are still in the back of my mind I am putting into action. And best of all, the support here is FREE and FABTABULOUS!
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I switched to MFP from WW almost a year ago and have never looked back! The database is SO much better (just be careful, some items are entered incorrectly!)
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to do MFP and WW and love MFP more. Basically on WW when I logged the foods to MFP it was around the 1200-1300 cal mark... so I know what to do, I'd rather use the free site :)
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I worked for Weight Watchers previously. So, of course, obviously I know what to do, just don't do it. So I think, rather know, this site will help me with accountability that the WW meetings did. I have the same approach here as I did at WW, "I bite it, I write it". I make sure to get all my fruit and vegetables every day, etc. So little things that are still in the back of my mind I am putting into action. And best of all, the support here is FREE and FABTABULOUS!
    [/quote

So have you lost the 27# since you started in January? I just started 3 weeks ago and have yet to lose anything. I eat the levels I should and exercise 3-4 times a week. How long before you saw results? When the MFP says "In 5 weeks you will be...." how accurate is that? Just curious.