2 weeks smoke free and

Options
I so want a cig....not going to have one but really two weeks cold turkey

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Don't give in...go for a walk. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I ever did. Its so worth it.
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT! I SO feel your pain, but I promise the urge will go away soon enough. Really. I'm almost at the point that I don't even want one when I'm drinking wine and my friends are smoking all around me. And that's big.

Hang in there!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am always thrilled when someone quits cigs. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • AnnaLaura82
    AnnaLaura82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOO Congrats on quitting!
    I quit smoking about 4 years ago and seriously the BEST thing i've ever done! I just looked at all the money my parents have spent on cigs over the years and look at how much 'older' they seem because of it and thought i NEVER want to be like that. Smokings such a waste of time, money and thoughts (how much time do you actually spend thinking about smoking when you are a smoker - its constantly on your mind!?? Now my mind is free to think about the stuff that matters :)

Good on you for getting to the 2 week mark - it WILL get easier very soon.
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! For me it was just a few weeks after that, that the smell of cigarette smoke became sickening to me. At that point, smoking's not an option and it's all a lot easier. :)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Keep going you are doing great! I'm on day 9 :]
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! My parents smoked all my life and I hated every minute of it.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    BIG HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to those of you who have quit smoking.

The first month is the hardest. After that, it gets less hard and then, one day, you become one of those people who hate the smell of cigarette smoke outside restaurants and on people sitting nearby. ;-)

I have been smoke free (the legal and the not-so-legal) since October 1986. When I quit, cigarettes were 75 cents a pack.

Start rewarding yourself now. Every week take the money you spent on cigarettes and put it in an envelope. Keep doing it and then, on your one-year smoke-free anniversary, use the money to treat yourself to something you really want.
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 44... I started smoking to be cool when I was 12 (1980). I quit cold turkey July 30, 2002. The first two weeks were the hardest. I woke up crying before I even opened my eyes every single morning.

You made it through the hardest part. Tomorrow it will start to get easier.

I'll celebrate 11 years smoke free this year. I still want to smoke sometimes because I think it will make me feel better when I'm stressed out but truthfully, I'd probably have to smoke several packs before I would start to feel the drug induced calming effects of the nicotine. Hitting the treadmill calms me now. Much healthier option!! LOL I also crave one when I have a beer out with friends. Luckily we can't smoke in most places near Philly. It's normal to crave. Just don't give in.

... and I don't want to reek like smoke. Bleah.

It ain't easy but you can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with every one else. I quit 26 years ago. 2 packs a day and did it cold turkey. People who don't smoke do not know how hard it is to stop. It hurts it realy hurts. Your though the hardest part. If you go back to it now it will just make it longer for the crazy feelings to go away. Once I quit a 1pack a day habit for 3 yrs. started back up with 1 cig when out with freinds and bought a pack the next morning. That's when I started 2 packs a day for 10 yrs. Just don't give in.
  • cpallenjr
    cpallenjr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work! Remember, one will hurt! You cannot reward yourself for doing such a great job by having 'just one'! I quit about 15 years ago and I know that I am still only one cigarette away from being a smoker again and it's not worth it. I am so much better off but from a health and social standpoint that there is no way that I will ever risk going back to smoking.
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Keep up the great work and celebrate the present you are giving yourself :flowerforyou:
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Go! you can do it! I have been cig free over a year and half smoke free after 25 years. It is worth the struggle. I tis amazing how great you will feel. I will not lie, You will want one every now and then for a long time, but it will pass. Use the same skills on your eating urges. They pass after a bit, look at why you want a smoke or food.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is day one for me. Again. I'm too old to keep doing this crap!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    20 days, 6 hours, 35 minutes and 8 seconds for me, almost 3 weeks

keep up the good work, dont start counting again.

I have saved $65 the last 3 weeks
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I quit almost 7 years ago, cold turkey. It's hard, but you got this. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You can do it remembet just one and its back to square one
  • JenniNBond
    JenniNBond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I quit 3 years ago - definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done. I know its hard - but the truth is, you've been through the worst part of it and if you smoke now, you will have to go through that all over again in order to quit. (that's what helped me get through the cravings)
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats congrats :)

I need to get there. Right now I'm super sick, and I know my smoking is just making it worse.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I quit cold turkey 3 months ago and I feel great. Yes, it's REALLY hard but it's not impossible. You just have to want it bad enough. BE STRONG!!!