WW Lifetimer Convert

Options
I met my goal weight on WW a couple of years ago. Went from 179 to 130 lbs. I've gained about 15lbs so I signed up with WW online. I've been doing it for a couple of months, but the scale hasn't moved too much. My husband has said all along that it doesn't make sense that fruits and veggies are free. They weren't on the original WW plan that I met Lifetime with. Today, I decided that I was going to try something new. I need to see all of the nutrients that my body is taking in and WW doesn't show me that. I work out 4-5 days per week with each session between 45 minutes to an hour and a half. I run, spin and do various workout videos. I purchased a heart rate monitor last week so that I can have a more accurate look at my calories, the scale still didn't move even though I ate those points...Grrrr! I'm convinced it's the WW plan that's holding me back. I'm ready to get healthier and more knowledgeable. Both myself and my hubby signed up with MFP today. I already love calorie tracking more than point tracking. We're ready for something new! Wish us luck!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Use your own judgement, you know what worked for you.
    The reason WW made fruit and vegetables free is that they use to give people choices.
    Say, candy bar 150, med potato 150, 3/4 c icecream 150, large apple 150. People would go for the candy bar.
    So they just figured in 5 servings of fruit and vegetables and took away the empty calorie choices.
    The the dieter gets vitamins and fiber with their 150 calories.
    So it does make sense.

Again, just go with what ever works for you.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i feel the same way about WW, i like to see my calories, i know a lot of people have had success with WW but mfp is working for me :smile:
  • smunchkin2000
    smunchkin2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW for the past few months and have had good success but I was not as motivated to continue to spend $45 a month for them to keep pushing their products like activelink. Everything costs more and all they really want you to do is keep spending more money once you get to the meetings. I have tried MFP before and had just success with it before i switched to WW. My husband has lost 20 pounds on MFP and now we can follow the same program without spending a whole bunch of our hard earned money to do it.

Goo luck to all !!!!!!!!
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Y:flowerforyou: es, I find mfp a great place to educate yourself, get great advice and daily encouragement... AND IT'S FREE!!! Best of luck to you and your husband as you work toward your weight and fitness goals.:flowerforyou:
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've done WW in the past with success, but I also had a hard time wrapping my head around the zero-point fruits and veggies. I was also so used to the regular points system, I didn't like the new points plus program. One of my friends told me about MFP and it's totally working for me. I love to track what I eat and exercise (like what I was doing with WW online) and the community message boards, but I LOVE that this is free! Welcome and good luck to you!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Did WW several times and lost weight, but lost motivation and momentum each time after about 3 months. I pay better attention when I know the totals, like the first poster. But folks are correct, what ever clicks for you. the ultimate goal is a healthier life