WW new Chicken Breasts?

Options
Has anyone tried these? I'd like to use them in recipes for myself or find some healthy ways to cook them, anyone have some suggestions?

http://www.weightwatchers.com/shop/categoryshowcase.aspx?pageid=1332861&navid=moreww

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Can't you just buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts for about half the $$$$? I would imagine you pay for the WW name.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you pay extra for marketing and packaging and WW branding when you can go to the grocery store, buy chicken, cut it up into 5oz portions, and pay probably half the price :huh:
  • beansoverjava
    beansoverjava Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I suppose I could have, however i dislike handling chicken and cutting it up myself. I'm okay with contributing to WW :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I suppose I could have, however i dislike handling chicken and cutting it up myself. I'm okay with contributing to WW :)

I hear you on the handling part - I used to wear latex or nitrile gloves to handle raw chicken/any "slimy" feeling meat. I forced myself through it a few times and have gotten much better about it now though, which is good since we have chicken breast at least 3x/week!

Speaking of having chicken, you asked for suggestions on what to do with them. I present you with...

*Cut it up and put it on noodles with Alfredo sauce

*Make Chicken Parmesan

*Cut it up and put it in fried rice

*Crockpot Chicken Tacos (your servings of meat in the crockpot, sprinkle with pkg of taco seasoning, top with 16oz salsa, cook on low 6 hours, shred, use as taco meat)

*Chili-Lime Chicken (originally I got this recipe from WW so you can probably google it, I'm too lazy to get up and find and type out the recipe right now :laugh:)

*Grill it with barbecue sauce, or teriyaki sauce, or whatever sauce you like

*thaw it and marinade it with an oil-based dressing then oven bake or grill

*google "yummy crispy baked fish" and use that coating from that recipe on it (this is soooooo good)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I hate handling raw chicken, but more because I don't want to wipe bacteria all over everything. I open the package, season the breasts, cook, chop/dice/shred the chicken after cooked and remove the fat at the same time. Then, I weigh it on the scale. Simple, and a lot less expensive. My friend also said that someone is now selling sliced chicken breasts, where it's sliced to be two thin cuts, which is probably similar.

ETA: As for recipes, just go to the recipe section and look for anything with chicken in the title. They aren't magically different just because they are WW (unless they're faux food).
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The only thing I think WW chicken breasts offer over regular ones is extra sodium, preservatives and hormones.
  • beansoverjava
    beansoverjava Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I hear you on the handling part - I used to wear latex or nitrile gloves to handle raw chicken/any "slimy" feeling meat. I forced myself through it a few times and have gotten much better about it now though, which is good since we have chicken breast at least 3x/week!

Speaking of having chicken, you asked for suggestions on what to do with them. I present you with...

*Cut it up and put it on noodles with Alfredo sauce

*Make Chicken Parmesan

*Cut it up and put it in fried rice

*Crockpot Chicken Tacos (your servings of meat in the crockpot, sprinkle with pkg of taco seasoning, top with 16oz salsa, cook on low 6 hours, shred, use as taco meat)

*Chili-Lime Chicken (originally I got this recipe from WW so you can probably google it, I'm too lazy to get up and find and type out the recipe right now :laugh:)

*Grill it with barbecue sauce, or teriyaki sauce, or whatever sauce you like

*thaw it and marinade it with an oil-based dressing then oven bake or grill

*google "yummy crispy baked fish" and use that coating from that recipe on it (this is soooooo good)

Thank you so much!
  • Debachapman
    Debachapman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't want to mess with raw chicken right now.