Question about shake ingredients...

Options
2»

Replies

• goodenough13
    Options
    I can't tell you anything about pre-made shakes... but I can recommend that you just buy yourself a Nutri-bullet! They're amazing! I have one and making a smoothy is so easy, delicious, and healthy! My 2 favorite blends:

Spinach, banana, berries, orange, flax, and water
    Banana, PB2 Powdered peanut butter, flax, and milk - Sometimes I add a chocolate protein powder to this too.

You can use any green leaf like kale or chard. Put whatever fruit you want in. I use frozen fresh berries.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I make my shakes with 1 scoop of Whey protein and 2 big scoops of low fat yogurt and 12 oz. of water. I’ve been drinking 2 a day pretty regularly for over a year and a half. I also eat 2-3 small meals a day with some snacks. I’m assuming they are healthy since I’ve lost 180 lbs. and have been taken off of 4 of my meds and my last one was reduced by half.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes on heavy workout days to get the extra protein i need but I swear the shakeology thing is like a cult.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've looked into all these different shakes and personally they're not for me. They are highly too expensive for such a low supply. I prefer to spend my money on a good protein powder and make my own shakes. No added oils or sweeteners (unless I want them).
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    To answer your question the first thing you want to look for is added sugar in any form - which someone pointed out is the second ingredient in Herbalife. Sugar will make you crave more sugar the rest of the day where as shakeology signifigantly reduces cravings. And everyone suggesting a protein shake is just on the wrong page... Shakeology is not a protein shake it is a complete nutritional shake, meal replacement or just a snack, your choice.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    whewwww people care a little too much about this xD
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started looking into getting a shake/ protein shake/ whatever a couple of months ago. I liked what I read in Shakeology, but I haven't tried it yet. I do know I cannot afford it though.
    Probably looked at 20-30 different shakes in whatever form in whatever store or online store I've found the past couple of months.
    I wasn't just looking for added protein - I wanted vitamins too & not have bad junk in it. Wasn't looking for a "meal replacement" & I get a good amount of my nutrients in "real" food already, just wanted a little more boost.
    Bought Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder a couple weeks ago & I love it. Only about $16 & will last 2-3 weeks. Tastes great & I like all the good stuff in it. Happy camper.
  • rikkapetty
    Options
    look
  • rikkapetty
    Options
    below
  • rikkapetty
    Options
    You should try Visalus if you want to do meal replacement shakes. I was not a fan of Shakeology either... it doesn't taste all that great and you have two flavors that don't leave a lot of room to change up your shake concoctions. With Visalus, it's just a sweet cream flavor that you can add just about anything to. (I love making mine with instant coffee granules and zero calorie caramel flavoring... it's like a Caramel Frappe MMM)

Anyway... if you are interested in trying it, I'd be happy to give you the info to purchase some. I don't sell it myself, but my dad does. Read about it and see what you think. Feel free to message/add me for any details you are interested in.

now who is trying to make a sale: Visalus is not even close to the nutitional value of shakeoloy and as for 2 flavors....how long has it been since you tried it because there are 5 flavors now and since when is everything about taste? just because it taste good doesnt mean its good for you....
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all sorry to hear you didn't like shakeology. Unfortunately that is the healthiest meal replacement on the market. Do some research and comparisons against what is out there and you will find that your friend is giving you the correct information. Have you tried the new Vanilla Shakeology? When most people say they don't like it, it's usually the way it was made or the flavor. I would just recommend going online and compare the herbalife to the different types of meal replacements out there. That would be the best thing to do. Good luck:smile:
    Lisa