Burning Fat?

Options
I do a lot of cardio and I lift weights. Wondering how to burn fat the best? I know it has something to do with your heart rate. How can I find out what my fat burning HR area should be?

Replies

• Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i use a heart rate monitor. I love it!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I think I just figured it out. I've been doing more endurance training while on the elliptical and treadmil according to my HR. I need to slow it down to burn more FAT!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I think I just figured it out. I've been doing more endurance training while on the elliptical and treadmil according to my HR. I need to slow it down to burn more FAT!
    the idea of a fat burning zone for heart rate is garbage because it's your deficit is based on total number of calories burned.

with that said i seem to have the best results with fat loss (my 17 pound loss is crap on the scale BUT i went from a size 22 to a size 14) when i ate no more than 15% below my TDEE and lifted very heavy weights and did 2-3, 20 min HIIT sprint sessions a week.

technically all those activities according to my HRM put me in the anaerobic non fat burning stage, but i was dropping fat like crazy even from my personal trouble areas like inner thighs
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    with that said i seem to have the best results with fat loss (my 17 pound loss is crap on the scale BUT i went from a size 22 to a size 14) when i ate no more than 15% below my TDEE and lifted very heavy weights and did 2-3, 20 min HIIT sprint sessions a week.

Agreed. I'm having success reducing my body fat by eating 20% below my TDEE, lifting heavy, and running.