Almost 400 Calories Left...

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
So, I've got 377 calories left to eat today. I'm really only slightly hungry (I had dinner awhile ago). I'm confined to the house, so I can't go and get anything. We have no fruit in the house either (and that's usually my go-to dessert).

I'm rarely ever left with calories (well, never THIS many), so I'm quite lost as to what I should do with them. Any suggestions? I'm open to almost ANYTHING, really.

Replies

• jamezyjamez
    Options
    Go to sleep!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep!

You know, I don't think I could have said it any better. :happy: Men are just awesome sometimes!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it often I would say don't worry about it - have something small if you want otherwise don't eat - one day way under your calorie goal won't hurt, you just don't want to do it very often. I had over 400 left tonight and I had a small ice cream cone with my boys for a treat - I still ended up with a little over 200 left and I'm definitely not eating anymore tonight!

If you are hungry though you should eat something - I sometimes have a slice of toast with peanut butter for a high calorie snack or cheese and crackers.
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    Go to sleep!

You know, I don't think I could have said it any better. :happy: Men are just awesome sometimes!

LOL, well, I would- but it's only 8 pm where I live (and I got up at 11 today... so I'm nowhere near tired).

I am hungry, but I just have a bunch of calories to play with, so I'm looking for creative ideas to help me out. =D
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just curious-is it bad to be under your calorie goals, as long as you are eating at least 1200 calories? I know several days I have been under, esp when I did some major cardio, but I didn't think it was too bad as long as I wasn't hungry and had eaten enough calories (usually I have eaten around 1500 on a day when excercise gives me around 1900 calories) Today I didn't exercise and I still had around 150 calories left. Should I eat more? I have my weight loss set to loose 1 lb a week, but I've also heard it's ok to loose up to 2 lbs a week. Thanks for the info!
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    No expert but I don't think it's bad. I've been under by 200-400 on most heavy cardio days but am still around 1600-1800 calories for the day. I am not hungry and am hitting my numbers in most other positive areas (e.g. protein, low sugar, low fat). I think it's more of a problem when you're consistently way under (especially without cardio) and your body is telling you it's hungry. Just my $.02 on the matter :)
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    Options
    How about Popcorn....peanutbutter on ricecakes..... a few nuts.....cottagecheese??????
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    How about Popcorn....peanutbutter on ricecakes..... a few nuts.....cottagecheese??????

Popcorn!
    Yayyy! I totally forgot we had popcorn in our seemingly bottomless pantry.
    I'm going to go make myself a bag of kettle corn.

Thanks for the idea!
  • MFPfriend
    Options
    Just curious-is it bad to be under your calorie goals, as long as you are eating at least 1200 calories? I know several days I have been under, esp when I did some major cardio, but I didn't think it was too bad as long as I wasn't hungry and had eaten enough calories (usually I have eaten around 1500 on a day when excercise gives me around 1900 calories) Today I didn't exercise and I still had around 150 calories left. Should I eat more? I have my weight loss set to loose 1 lb a week, but I've also heard it's ok to loose up to 2 lbs a week. Thanks for the info!

As long as your net doesn't drop below 1200. For example, if you eat 1300 calories and burn 300, then 1300-300 = 1000. Now you need to eat 200 calories to make a net of 1200.
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    Options
    Enjoy..I just had some myself! LOL :bigsmile:
  • sweetheart312
    sweetheart312 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    fiber one bar
  • Troutman
    Troutman Posts: 28
    Options
    Mounds Bar & Ice Cream
  • deblynn50
    deblynn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    I read in a magazine today, to re-look at what you eat but if you are still hungry to eat popcorn, yogurt, cottage cheese or fruit.
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    Go to sleep!

lol..I second that. Drink 2 big glasses of water and head to bed..lol