Can't control and losing my hope :(

Options
I exercise and always meet my daily goal :) but i overeat 2 days in a week :) I hate myself so much :( why can't i stop this :( Please help me :( any tip :( I need motivation :( feel like i will never get to my goal again :(

Replies

• kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    the only problem you have is your self-deprecating attitude! seriously, stop stressing out over the numbers in your diary. maybe the fact that you always overeat two days a week is a sign that you're not eating enough, or fulfilling enough, foods the rest of the week. think of it as a lifestyle change and don't deprive yourself of anything that you wouldn't give up for the rest of your life, making smarter choices 9 times out of 10 will show jn the long run.

if you open up your food diary to the public, we can try to help you with the food choices you're making.
  • jovianstorms
    jovianstorms Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aw don't be too hard on yourself; negativity breeds like tribbles and rabbits. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start and a fresh calorie count. The important part is that you get back up when you fall! 2 days won't mess up your system
  • rayn3z
    rayn3z Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree, I realized that whenever I become too obsessive about calorie count, I always reach the end of the week with a depleted willpower to actually stick to it. By the way willpower is like a muscle and over the days and week we use soo much of it that it compromises other things. No one is perfect and there aren't perfect days either, the first step is learning to accept that and the second is to adjust and adapt. We all have a second chance, it's tomorrow, just be thankful that we actually have the opportunity and actually do something about it. We're all in this together, Accept it and just do better, you can if you really want to :)
    We're all here for you, remember to be there for yourself as well
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Don't hate yourself.

I've found a few tips that help me to avoid overeating.

1. Eat small meals throughout the day.

2. Up your fiber and protein. I get 90 + grams of protein a day and on meals where I eat more of it, I stay full longer.

3. Try to eat a lot of nutrient rich fruit and veg; you can munch on those all day and often not gain even if you are not counting calories.

4. Avoid anything really high in sugar or fat because those combinations will hit your mouth like a piece of birthday cake after a fast - for me at least that intense flavor trigger cravings and overeating. Any healthy combination of foods without too much fat tends to satisfy without the side effects.

5. Avoid situations and triggers (example lack of sleep, relative's food, bringing home fast food) that lead you to overeat.

6. Exercise on days you expect to eat more, and space that large meal a couple hours after a workout.

7. Try to cut down on 100 calorie processed mini snacks and deserts. I find they make me hungrier than real food would (oh boy, where did all those "fiber one" brownie wrappers come from? ) You can often cook something healthier for the same number of calories (for example, sweet potato desert with cool whip topping!)