Ate to little calories today

Options
I am scared, I didn't even realize it and its too late to eat more. If I do this one day will it mess up my metabolism or go into starvation mode? :frown:

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    You're fine, if it's one day.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You are not going to mess up your metabolism. You could go 24 hrs without eating not mess up your metabolism. Don't think of cals per day but cals per week.
  • yaffeagape
    Options
    Thank you for replying, I've been nervous
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    just eat a little more tomorrow, if you're hungry. listen to your body, it knows best. if you're hungry, eat...if you're not, then don't feel like you have to just to fill up your diary macros.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    One day is a drop in the bucket. Don't sweat it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Come on, are you joking ? How is one day going to mess anything up ? Most humans have days they under eat and are not even aware of it and they seem fine to me. Part of the balance is that some days you will eat less, and some days you will eat more. It is not a precise science.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a troll post or serious...

Beat me to it
  • yaffeagape
    Options
    No I am serious, my body has been in starvation mode before and I don't want to go back there because I ate only 740 calories today. I don't know exactly how the metabolism works and what messes it up. Thank you everyone for responding =)
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a troll post or serious...

Beat me to it

what is a troll post?
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Unless you've lived in like Africa or Bangladesh, I can assure you that you have never been in true starvation mode.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. One day will not undo your hard work.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    this is a joke, right? is this a serious post?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It's to late to eat more, huh????? Go get some peanut butter and a spoon women!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    she's obviously just joined these forums and all of the information out there is very overwhelming at first. not to mention any time you net a calorie under 1200 goal, my fitness pal screams YOU MAY BE IN STARVATION MODE at you in red letters. i wish the forums here were more understanding when members have questions about beginning weight loss
  • yaffeagape
    Options
    Thank you everyone for calming me down, it makes sense that 1 day shouldn't mess up everything. As for everyone who thinks I'm joking, I'm sorry, I tend to be a hyporchondriac and freak out especially when I had bad experiences before. Thank you for your time
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    she's obviously just joined these forums and all of the information out there is very overwhelming at first. not to mention any time you net a calorie under your goal, my fitness pal screams YOU MAY BE IN STARVATION MODE at you in red letters. i wish the forums here were more understanding when members have questions about beginning weight loss

I was there once and got attacked in the forums for asking "ridiculous" questions.Your sweet for being so understanding :)
  • yaffeagape
    Options
    she's obviously just joined these forums and all of the information out there is very overwhelming at first. not to mention any time you net a calorie under 1200 goal, my fitness pal screams YOU MAY BE IN STARVATION MODE at you in red letters. i wish the forums here were more understanding when members have questions about beginning weight loss

You're very patient and kind :smile:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Couple of things.

1) One day isn't going to cause too much harm. Try again tomorrow and keep trying till it becomes a force of habit (might take some time)
    2) Don't worry about these little things. Life happens. Don't let fitness run your life. You will burn out and will lose interest (loose is it or lose?)
    3) Why not just eat right now? I mean if you're not hungry thats fine but I assume you're not in bed yet and can still eat something. A couple of tbsp of peanut butter, a tall glass of milk or better yet, ICE CREAM!
    4) You can eat a bit more tomorrow to makeup for todays lack of calories. I do it often and i works awesome!
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

^^^ THANK U!!! Usually i don't reply to posts but this motivated me... and to the OP- u will be fine as long as it doesnt become a habit. And u can always eat more, the no snacking at night thing is a myth. Just be smart about . Stay within reasonable amounts.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Second this!!! To be honest I got quite mad reading those posters who were so vindictive about whether this is a troll post... ): I mean seriously?! People are here to learn and get better, and these people make starters feel stupid about themselves for asking questions when there is nothing wrong about it... I think it'd be good to not project these kinds of 'superiority' just because you know more about nutrition/dieting etc. It'd be good if you'd use the time instead to reply to the question and type out whatever you know to back up what you're saying to help the OP better understand the whole concept. It'd be good to spread the positivity and encourage more people to be healthy and lose weight the healthy way :)