Late Night Cravings

Options
Hello, like many other individuals, I am a stress eater. Generally, I can do very well eating healthy during the day, but if I am stressed out, I tend to over eat or have lots of eat sweets late at night. I would like to know what has worked for those of you who also had late night cravings and no longer do so. I welcome all feedback & thank you :o)~

Replies

• Bignall
    Bignall Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just like you and have tried anything I have heard of. The only thing so far that has helped is drinking ton's of water. The problem is then during the night you wake up due to drinking so much water.
  • Ili1
    Ili1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • Janelle514
    Options
    I used to eat a TON of sugar (its in everything, salad dressing, ketchup, etc, not just the obvious sweets) but i started eating a low sugar diet (around 15g a day versus the usual 200ish) and after the first week your taste buds really do start to change. i started eating dark chocolate (85% cocoa, 5g sugar) that i got from trader joes instead of milk chocolate and it was almost repulsive the first few times i tried it because i was never a fan of the taste of dark chocolate and now i actually crave dark chocolate over milk chocolate. so if you're like me and have a serious sweet tooth, you can almost trick your tastebuds into thinking youre getting a treat when its actually much better for you then what you were eating before you substituted it. when my boyfriend asked how i liked the dark chocolate i initially said "its better then no chocolate" and we decided that should be the slogan for it: "Dark Chocolate, its better then no Chocolate!" haha
  • ryders152
    ryders152 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I had a mega-stressful day yesterday and by the evening I was almost pacing trying to avoid kitchen. My default is normally to have a bottle of wine and munch on carbs ( crackers, crisps - you name it). Yesterday I had a solero ice lolly and that helped for about an hour. I was already at my calorie limit and normally I would think 'sod it' and go for my usual fix. Yesterday though, after holding off as long as I could, I went and made myself a piece of wholegrain toast with clover and a cup of tea. Believe it or not this did take the edge off and instead of going a thousand calories over I went just a hundred or so.

This is a new solution for me so I'll have to see how it goes. At the back of my mind though I was determined not to waste all my effort of the previous week.
  • ryders152
    Options
    z
  • ryders152
    Options
    z