My 100mile Challenge

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    I totally agree.. some steps are definitely harder than others... I think there will be quite a number of 100 milers here!

I meant to say Walk Away the Pounds...I have "miles" on the brain now :laugh:
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    I live in a hilly part of town--what goes down must come up! Wherever we walk there are hills--flat is rare. I walk often with my neighbor and her two small terriers or I walk alone. I don't usually do music, but sometimes when I walk my myself I enjoy listening to my Ipod. Mostly we walk and talk. We do about three miles at a time--it takes about 50 minutes. Lately, I have been walking further alone--up to 90 minutes. And I have a new route that is sort of my version of interval training--one subdivision is built on the side of a hill and I walk "across" it--hilly then flat, hilly then flat. It takes about 45 minutes to do and really gets my pulse up.

Treadmill--not my favorite. I would rather walk outside and look at everyone's gardens. In Oregon, there is always something new and different in bloom. It is really nice when it's not pouring rain.

Finally, I hike when and where I can. I am training for a week backpacking in the Sierra Nevada around Labor Day, so this 100-mile challenge is perfectly timed!
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    I do the treadmill about an hr a day

exercise.png
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Awesome info all, keep it coimg!! I'm glad this challenge seems to agree with many of you. If you ever need anything, please let me know, I'll do what I can. Even if it's a virtual shoulder to lean on when you feel like giving up. I 've hit that point once or twice since April. Especially when I first started the C25k. It's slowly getting easier. I start Week3 on Monday. I do weigh in this Friday, I'm hoping to see at least a pound disppear as it's the one I gained this past weekend. Enjoy your walking everyone! XoxoxoX Bru
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    im in, just need to set up my ticker thingy and im good to go!!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    3.5 down... so sore though!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    RacheBell Good Job!

I put my pedometer on and logged in 4.49 so far, mostly in the yard... it was work, but mostly fun work :heart:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Way to go all!!! Keep it up!! Remember to limber up for a few mintues or even do a slow 5min warm up and cool down as well as drinking plenty of water!!! We can do it all!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have gone 2 miles so far today was a lazy day so not much walking today
  • kellz510
    kellz510 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    You are still moving though Cindi, and that's great!! Remember, you don't have to do the 100miles, you can make it your goal to do 50miles or 20miles, etc, whatever you feel comfortable with! Don't push yourself too hard and end up with an injury. Right now, aside from dancing, my only exercise is walking so I walk in the morning and then after dinner. Enjoy your weekend all!! I know I will cause I made my first mini goal so I'm taking my little brothers Drew and Tyler to lunch tomorrow :D XoxoxoX Bru
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    So I was out on a walk/jog for 23min and on my second lap, I had a truck pull up next to me and tell me how good I was doing and how I looked great...he wanted to then shake the hand of a fine *kitten* girl...*rolls eyes* and this happened righ in front of a friend of mine who happened to be driving behind him and proceeded to yell *Go Amy Go*.... Oh Lord!! He obviously didn't notice I was sucking in my tummy!! Have a healthy weekend all!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    Slowly but surely I'm getting there!
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options

exercise.png
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Good morning all!! Its Sunday so I'm here to post my miles from the 8th up until yesterday,not sure if I will be on much later today so I'm counting todays miles for next week... I'm just shy of 14 miles at 13.89!! Woot woot!! Its been a great first week. I start week 3 tomorrow of couch to 5k. Don't forget to update your ticker at the ticker factory, it will not auto update in your signature,so you have to copy and paste your newest code again. Also, on mapmyrun.com , there is a challenge to walk 27miles in 30days to get a chance to win a polaris hrm. :D That site is also free and it is very helpful to track my exact miles and speed. If you haven't already, you should check it out. I hope the weekend was good for each of you. This was my first weekend home for the past month so I was able to keep exercising and eating healthier than previous weeks. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and I'll see ya 'around the block'!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options

exercise.png

today i will be starting my regular walking routine...meaning i haven't been on my regular walking route for quite awhile...PLUS it's a cheat day for me...so the weekends are cheat days...my walking routine is so close to starbucks and i haven't had starbucks since they had that special going on for the week or weekend of half price frapps...i sorta kinda wish there were coupons or a punch card for those...lol...buy so many and get one free after the punch card is filled...lol...i'll be smart and still check out the calorie intake of course by going online and see if they have a nutrition value and mark that down...even though its the weekend i'm still measuring my food and checking out the calorie intake
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the week! I haven't done much this week.... walked 1.5 mile on Wednesday and hurt my foot a little so I've been taking it easier since then. I did manage a short walk with my son and then did a Leslie Sansone 1 mile workout for a total of just under 3 miles for the week. I'm going to try to get out tonight when it cools down and then my walking schedule for next week is M,W,F... with some workout DVDs thrown in as well I'm sure.

Thanks for posting the mapmyrun challenge, I'll have to go check that out! Now if only walking covered as many miles as running... :)
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    updating my week walking
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Bump so I can find this easier....
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Great job everyone!! Keep it up!! I finished Wek3 Day1 of C25k today and I walked 2miles aside from that today!! See ya all around the block..XoxoxoX Bru