Pre-Workout Supps

Options
I want to get a pre-workout since I lack energy and therefore my workouts are pathetic but I have no idea what to look at...

I just need to be able to have it shipped to australia for cheap or free. So preferably an australian supplement site.

Suggestions?

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Mr Supplements, they are at Seven Hills and deliver pretty quickly.

They have a website and a FB page. I cant help with what to get though.
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I've ordered from the supplement den and really liked them, wouldn't mind ordering from them again but yeah my biggest issue is that I literally have no idea where to start
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually just munch on an apple a cup of coffee and maybe an egg or something.

Seems to work for me.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    NO explode and Jack3d ?
  • shella_bella
    Options

Seems to work for me.

I usually eat dinner right before I workout, doesn't help me whatsoever
  • shella_bella
    Options
    NO explode and Jack3d ?
    Yep, can order either!

Which is better and why?

And if anyone can take the time to explain to me what to actually look for in a pre-workout that would be cool...more I know, the better
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer a pre workout with L-arginine, Beta alanine and DMMA . some countries Ban DMMA , but thats what makes a pre-workout for me . is it legal is aus?
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I personally prefer a pre workout with L-arginine, Beta alanine and DMMA . some countries Ban DMMA , but thats what makes a pre-workout for me . is it legal is aus?

Random google search says no it's not.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    1,3 DMAA products are banned in Australia. Luckily I stockpiled a few tubs.

I've heard the new formulas are alright though. I personally liked Beta-Cret the best. Also used Mesomorph, Neurocore, Hemorage and Craze. I know Beta-Cret, Mesomorph, Jack3D and Craze have been re-released in Australia but without DMAA.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Seems to work for me.

I usually eat dinner right before I workout, doesn't help me whatsoever
    A suggestion if you do end up taking pre-workouts... don't eat right before you take it, it's less effective if you do.
    Of all the pre-workouts I've tried so far I like C4 Icy Blue Razz the most.
  • Scottjt
    Scottjt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used to use Jack3d and it made a noticeable difference mentally and physically but I've read reviews saying it's not as good now. Used NO-xplode for a while and it was ok, slightly better than nothing.
    Most pre-workout formulas are a rip-off I think. The best and cheapest I have found is simply a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee on an empty stomach, works great.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there is always some BCAA's...

also, if you eat dinner right before working out that may be why you are lacking energy...I don't think I could eat a large meal and then go work out....

Have you ever tried training fasted and then eating dinner..?
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Assualt - Good Has Creatine HCl in it
    No Xplode - Beta - Alanine not bad makes me jittery in a good way, alot of caffine
    C4 - Also good has creatine in it
    Super Pump - Also makes me gittery in a good way

So all of those are pretty good in my opinion
  • Scottjt
    Scottjt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have read that creatine takes about 6 hours to be properly available after ingestion so pre-workout creatine isn't really necessary. Sorry to be a smart *kitten*!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Cool.

Next time maybe mention that you eat dinner in your original post if you're going to get all snippy.

Actually, try this: Caffeine 115 mg, Tri Carb, BCAAs, and Omega 3,6,9 supplement.

I forgot how all you "elite athletes" are so against real food.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Black coffe, omega fish oils and bcaa's work. I personally stick with a cup of coffee.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    ^ This!

And it's cheap
  • Dean280982
    Options
    i would definatley suggest using either AllMax Razor8 Blast Powder or Driven Sports Craze both awesome pre work out and the focus it gives in great.
  • cosplayerkyo
    cosplayerkyo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout supplements are one of those things you need to try to see which one works for you (as well as tolerating the taste).

I'm personally very fond of No Xplode 2 in watermelon flavor. (people look at me crazy when I say it tastes good!)
  • Jerbear1985
    Jerbear1985 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love C4. Works great for me. It is from cellucor.