Who I am.... And needing supportive friends

Options
Imigen04
Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
I am Victoria. I live in New Mexico and never had a good life... Mother was a drug addict and alcoholic and never had a father. I met my love at the age of thirteen and my mom met hers a year before and finally gave me a father. At fifteen I got pregnant with the thoughts that if I had a child I would finally have someone who would always love me unconditionally and forever. A year later my mom was pregnant with twins. Life seemed to be getting a little better. Then in 2007 my love cheated on me and I moved back with my mother. And that was January in August twelve days before my 21st birthday my mother took my three year old twin sisters fishing and I was napping.... I was suddenly woken by someone honking outside my home saying my mother and one of the twins had drowned. My world was turned even more upside down and I turned to drinking and partying to feel numb. I felt I no longer had any family. My kids father took my children away from me for two weeks and that was my rock bottom. I finally decided I still need to be in this world and try to make myself see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. I still have two beautiful children one wonderful lil sister and an amazing stepdad who I now call dad. My love and I are together and raising our children right. I am now 26 and I started my weightloss at 193 lbs and am now at 170 but I need some support and some friends. I hope to meet friends who will remain friends even after this obstacle. I still have my bad days and today is one it is my mothers birthday but I know she is smiling down and proud of me and what I'm doing. MISS U MOM!!!

Replies

• AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    Congratulations to you for making the decision to get your life on the right track even after all the stressers in your life. Despite all the things that went wrong, you are coming out on top to be stronger and to better yourself. That takes amazing courage!!
    Though I cannot say I have dealt with any of the stuff you have. I can be very supportive and be there for someone when they need that extra kick..or just be a pretty good friend (usually).. I do my best to respond to people right away anyway. I'm in this for the long haul..its a life style change we all want after all..
    feel free to add me if you want!!

Again Congratulations, and I hope you meet all of your goals! :)
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Thank u
  • lozla86
    lozla86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and i am so sorry to hear about your mom and sister. Sending BIG HUGS to you today. Please feel free to add me i would love to help and support you on your journey xx
  • loriamcq
    loriamcq Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm sorry for all the things life has put you through. I'm happy to see you have finally found strength though your kids, your partner and your dad, but most of all you found the strength that is in you. I'd love to have more motivational friends, so if you'd like to add me feel free. I do like to chat and share supportive ideas and positive thoughts.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You show tremendous courage and positivity despite what life has thrown at you. You're doing great so far and I'd love to be a friend to help you continue what you're doing :) I shall add you now! xxx
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Thank u everyone for the support really trying to get a huge support system. I want to be better in all ways I can!
  • Celestia11
    Options
    Wow, much love to you, that's quite the story, definitely inspiring, I amyself lived in New Mexico, ABQ for 14 years, its rough out there! I am new in here and would like some peers for mutual motivation as well, if you would like to add me, if anyone would, feel free to do so, I would really appreciate the encouragement ;)
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Everyone is so nice thank u
  • Imigen04
    Options
    So many good ppl who inspire me here
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Does this pain and sadness ever get better :(. Sometimes ppl take for granted there mothers but when u lose them and can't ask them how they did things or what they think or just simply to say I love u or even hi....it's so hard.
  • deadfatcells
    Options
    Added
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Thank u
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post today. I am so sorry for what you've been through! I've never lost anyone close to me, so I can't say that I know what you're going through, but I admire your strength for getting back up and going forward with your life! You have so much to live for and so many adventures waiting for you! AND you have angels watching over you. :smile: Just take things one day at a time and never give up!
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I just saw this post today. I am so sorry for what you've been through! I've never lost anyone close to me, so I can't say that I know what you're going through, but I admire your strength for getting back up and going forward with your life! You have so much to live for and so many adventures waiting for you! AND you have angels watching over you. :smile: Just take things one day at a time and never give up!

I'm try just some days are hard and trying to replace my family is sooo hard but they are no good for me and my journey to happiness and positivity
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Keep staying positive and you will attract positive people into your life. :heart:
  • jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with continuing! I have only been on here 1 week and I love all the opinions and encouragement.. It is soooo hard to try to lose weight alone, and now I have all these people to read about and talk about different health and fitness topics... Youve been through a lot but you have come out well it seems. I lost my mom when I was about 29 and it was awful. I went a long time still thinking for a second" oh Im gonna call Mom" and realizing she was gone. She didnt get to see my beautiful baby grow to a beautiful woman... Moms are special and a very hard loss... Keep your chin up and eyes on the horizon!!!
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with continuing! I have only been on here 1 week and I love all the opinions and encouragement.. It is soooo hard to try to lose weight alone, and now I have all these people to read about and talk about different health and fitness topics... Youve been through a lot but you have come out well it seems. I lost my mom when I was about 29 and it was awful. I went a long time still thinking for a second" oh Im gonna call Mom" and realizing she was gone. She didnt get to see my beautiful baby grow to a beautiful woman... Moms are special and a very hard loss... Keep your chin up and eyes on the horizon!!!

Thank u so much it is nice to know ppl are here and so supportive. One day at a time that's how I have to do it