I found a cure for shin splints!

Options
no joke this works ladies N gents ... been running since 2002, off and on ... back at it as of 3 weeks ago, i got shin splints, the lady that runs our clinic says to while sitting (desk or couch) put legs straight and write the alphabet with your feet ... 3 times a day if you can ! It works like a charm! only takes a minute

Try it! tell me how you like it :D

Replies

• KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    INTERESTING!!! I had shin splints in 1999 and then shortly there after (I kept compulsively running and was involved in sports) I developed stress fractures. The PT told me to do something similar, but hold a pen and try to write my name (with my toes) on a piece of paper :) Must be a trick of the trade?
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think you meant...write in the air with toes, right? He meant...LITERALLY WRITE! LOL
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Interesting....thanks for sharing.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Did your stress fractures happen over time ? did you not deal with the splints early on ? Just curious because Im afraid of something like that happening to me, I stretch my shins alll the time because I knew a girl that ignored them, pushed through, and ended up in crutches for a few months! l ol
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This worked for me last year when I had shin splints. I love sharing my "secret" with other runners. :-D
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends told me to do this and it WORKS!! If you have them do this several times a day and do some stretches before you walk/run and the pain will be so much less or not at all.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am sooo going to be trying this! :happy: Thank you for sharing!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!!
  • loligurl
    loligurl Posts: 1
    Options
    Makes sense, probably works muscles in the lower leg. Neat! :happy:
  • mrsyyoung
    mrsyyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm going to try this too, I really hope it works for me. I really want to start running again. My sister runs and she has lost a ton of weight. I strayed away because of the shin splints. I thought maybe it was because I am so over weight (50lbs)and it was to much pressure on my legs. I really hope this works for me.

thanks for sharing!!!