Gym at lunch time.

Options
we are really lucky to have a gym on site at work. There are lunch time classes every day. I plucked up the courage and tried box fit and body pump this week. Loved them and met some great people! Going to go 3 times a week.

Replies

• liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love working out at lunch. It's a nice mental break, in addition to the benefit of getting the workout done in the afternoon instead of taking up time in the evening (I'd rather spend that time with my husband). Have fun!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lucky! I've got to drive to my gym at lunch. By the time I drive there workout, get a shower, drive back, I can barely squeeze a 30 minute workout in.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    That's great, we have a gym where I work too. Several of my coworkers play racquetball during lunch.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I can barely squeeze a 30 minute workout in.

Great dedication, that's better than no work out at all.
  • mommyaunt
    mommyaunt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do not have a gym... I work at a courthouse during lunch I and 2 others utilize empty courtroom to 30 day shred... On days courtroom unavailable we walk the stairs for 10 to 20 reps.... It has caught on and more people want to join in...even do it on days I have court....
  • Kingacat
    Kingacat Posts: 33
    Options
    The class is only 30 minutes and it's a 10 minute walk from my office. It's a great way to break up the day and only $5 a week. I did body pump yesterday and I HURT today!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    In the middle of December, I started a job that gave me the flexibility to go to the gym at lunch. Love it!! it has become the highlight of my day. I get grumpy when meetings interfere with my gym time, but I am now dedicated enough to go in the morning instead of skipping the day.

Way less people at lunch. I went to an after work spinning class this week and couldn't find the space to stretch after class.
  • Back2MeDiva
    Back2MeDiva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My job affords me the flexibility to go to the gym on my lunch break, which I love versus going at night. That mid day rush from working out prepares me for the rest of my work day. On days when I have meetings or have errands that have to be run, I either go in the evening or workout with a DVD at home.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's great, we have a gym where I work too. Several of my coworkers play racquetball during lunch.
    I absolutely love racquetball, I can barely squeeze in 2 games a week. One of them I drive 40 minutes each way to play at.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. lucky you!
    keep it up!
  • alice74
    alice74 Posts: 28
    Options
    That's great!! We have a small gym at work too, and I have managed to conjure the courage to do some strength training at lunch over the past couple of weeks - I really like it! (I just have to be strategic about how sweaty I get!!)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my building, too. I love it because I can change, head outside to the trails near the city I work in and get in a 40 minute run. Grab a quick shower and I'm back at my desk within the hour. Well, USUALLY within the hour. Sometimes I get to chatting with other ladies and I sneak in a few minutes late. LOL!!!
  • mviegas1
    mviegas1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My job also gives me the flexibility to go at lunch. I love it! I would not be able to make the gym at all if not for my lunch hour.