1 year on

Options
It's a year to the day that my wife and I got the flyer through the door for our local Virgin Active gym and decided we'd go and have a look. And well, what a difference a year makes.
Here I am at nearly my biggest, on the happiest day of my life (my wedding day), stood next to my mum, I was probably about 120kg at this point:
247814_1998470753800_959860_n_zps2e372074.jpg

And here at 128kg:
IMG_3126.jpg

I was wearing a size 44 trouser
xxl t-shirt

That is the man I was. Now at around 40kg lighter (fluctuating between 90kg and 88kg), I took part in The nuts challenge last week. a 7km 90 obstacle assault course, through rivers, lakes, and a lot of mud. I sprained my ankle about 1km in, but with all the training and preparation I'd done, I didn't quit, and my team finished 5th out of the 20 competing, in 1:49:15

here I am with my team warming up before the event:
112decf0-9c35-47a0-82a3-6141c30cdf86_zps48660634.jpg

Here I am facing down a cammo net covered in barbed wire:
c10d9a37-430e-48df-a279-97dc44b8a977_zps50b45fde.jpg

I'm now a size 36 waist
and medium shirt

I've never felt better, so if anyone reading this is just starting out or wandering if they can do it, you can!

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    awesome work!! You look great!
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What a great picture--you look so happy and active, poignant compared to pic on happiest day of your life. Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    Options
    Well done. Weight loss and obstacle course mud run! Look at the calves on you, very lean!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congrats! keep up the great work!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!! well done :) you are an inspiration to many!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! The barbed wire pic looks like a still from an action movie - your wife must be very happy indeed :laugh:
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    well done fantastic difference
  • saudade88
    saudade88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oh yes they can!! this is definitely going to inspire many :) congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • mahirob
    mahirob Posts: 35
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic job! If you like the 'nut challenge' the US has something similar called the Tough Mudder. I think you'd enjoy it. I'm not sure if they have set up international events yet, but if you are ever in the states check it out. It's an 12 mile obstacle course; which is a ton of fun. Again congrats on such success!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    Well done. Weight loss and obstacle course mud run! Look at the calves on you, very lean!

thank you :) I'm not allowed to skip leg days!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    Congratulations and you look great!
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! Bravo!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!