protein powder without so much sugar

Options
Can anyone recommend a pritein powder that isn't loaded with sugar? thank you!

Replies

• BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Super advanced whey or mts whey protein are my go to powders.
  • mchase79
    mchase79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Natural. Only 3g of Sugar and a total of like 7-8 ingredients. Mixes well and taste is just right. If a protein shake tastes too good, then its got too much sugar and artificial sweetener.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/natural-100-whey-gold-standard-p-202.html?zenid=3a3c551f9aab5e59e5d7a259192ec25d
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum's Isopure Low carb powders. No sugar and they dissolve cleanly in water.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just started using a new one (well, new to me) this weekend, called Tera's Whey. The breakdown is 110 calories, 5g carbs, 2g fat, 20g protein, and 3g sugar. I don't know how little sugar you were looking for, but this fits into my plan pretty well. I especially like the Fair Trade Dark Chocolate and Bourbon Vanilla flavors.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean 25, it only has 3 grams of sugar and has awesome flavor choices. My favorites are Banana, and cookies and cream! Drinking one right now as we speak!
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Perfect Nutrition's Perfect Whey...sweetened with Stevia
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Nutrition Elite gourmet vanilla. No sugar.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Whey in vanilla and chocolate. Low sugar, good taste, nice price.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I use Allmax Isoflex isolate protein powders, doesn't have all the fillers and low in sugar. 30g scoop is 27g protein and only .5g sugar.

oh and 110-130cal depending on flavor
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb's. It has no sugar, sweetened with stevia
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of protein powders out there with < 1g of carbs.... you must be looking at things like SlimFast or more female geared powders.... move on from those... EAS has < 1g carbs. and the vanilla is very good. Also the Whole Foods brand, 365 is good.
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm sensitive to stevia and allergic to aspartame (and sucralose tastes like chlorine to me), so I went hunting for a few unsweetened ones last year. I've landed on Sun Warrior Raw Protein in Natural flavor (unsweetened has 16g protein per scoop) and alternate that with GNC's 100% Whey Protein (unflavored has 21g protein per scoop). If you're not sensitive to stevia or sucralose, there are quite a few low sugar ones out there. Sun Warrior's Vanilla is quite good and has 2.8g sugar. Now I want to go look up Tera's Whey since those flavors sound great!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    www.truenutrition.com and mix your own with no sugar and use stevia as the sweetener. Less than a dollar a day for most of their custom blends and they taste great. I stay away from the ones mentioned above as they may have no sugar but they do have artificial sweeteners. Just my preference. I've used in the past pretty much every protein brand mentioned above and they do taste great.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use The Organic Whey (www.theorganicwhey.com... I usually buy it from Amazon.com) in my smoothies. There's only 1g of sugar per serving.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My chocolate whey protein powder (Target Brand) only 2gms of sugar
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    EAS Lean 100 - 100 cals. Low carb (designed for diabetics). I use the powder, but their pre-mixed drinks are good too. And you can find at target and walgreens at a decent price.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Natural. Only 3g of Sugar and a total of like 7-8 ingredients. Mixes well and taste is just right. If a protein shake tastes too good, then its got too much sugar and artificial sweetener.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/natural-100-whey-gold-standard-p-202.html?zenid=3a3c551f9aab5e59e5d7a259192ec25d

This is what I use also.
  • ckargo
    ckargo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ViSalus Sciences's nutritional shake (Vi-Shape) has less than 1 gram of sugar and tastes AWESOME! If you're interested in ordering, contact me - I promote it.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Protein Plus, French Vanilla. 1 Scoop = 130 calories, 23 g Protein, 1 g Sugars
    I mix it with Lite Original Soymilk (water is good also), add in 1 T. flax powder and 1 T. PB2.....Oh it's Wonderful :love: :happy:
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! the one i use takes up about half my daily intake!!! i'll check out your posts and try some! Have a grea day!