Second time around on MFP! Any others?

Options
2»

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is my third time- last time I was doing well and got injured (shin fracture diring a half marathon). I got disappointed and stopped logging. This is my year, I'm not focusing on the scale, but more n my fitness and measurements. I am currently trying insanity and doing the ARC trainer, and I feel better and my endurance is building! I'm committed to the lifestyle change, not just a plan to lose weight! :)
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's my second time around too. I gained everything I lost and then some. I have a long way to go but I am working on changing my relationship to food and only eating to fuel my body instead of eating as a reward, or when I am sad, lonely, bored, etc. The difference this time is I have people tha I am accountable too. I meet once a week with a person who is studying to be a PA. He monitors my food intake, excercise and is really encouraging.

I also signed up for a 5K run/walk on March 23. This has really helped me to stay motivated and excercise everyday. When I started on January 23rd I would get winded just walking from one room in my house to another. Yesterday after 41 days of excercising I was able to complete 1 1/2 miles of walking and I didn't die. Even being as heavy as I am nothing is impossible. It just takes putting one foot in front of the other and doing it. I no longer want to sit on the sidelines of my life I want to live and be healthy. Good luck to everyone that's starting over. We can do it.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    WE CAN DO THIS ......WE GOT THIS ...........LET'S DO IT and KEEP IT OFF :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yep, happened to me too :( I had only lost 10 pounds after working really hard at it and then I gained it back over my many travels over several months. So starting a couple weeks ago I hit the reset button. The hardest part for me I think is still eating well on days I don't feel well and keeping the weight off.
  • amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Omggg. So, I started in march/april last year.. And I was doing great. I was finally into the groove of logging all my foods, exercising every day. Then... I sprained my ankle. In a SEVERE way, lol. I couldn't do anything for weeks, and once I was able to move it around, I felt like all hope was lost. I went to the gym a few times in the fall, but nothing was sticking.
    Since january, I've been walking on my treadmill 3 times a week and that was it as far as diet and exercise went.. but I decided to stick to it about 2 weeks ago. Doing yoga in the morning, and walking in the afternoon for now until I get more endurance for greater things.
    When I look back, if I would have stuck to it.. I probably would have been close to my ideal weight. But instead, I've maintained the 20 lbs I lost last spring. Which isn't terrible, I mean, I could have gained it all back and more right?
  • MysticDragoness
    Options
    This is my first time using MFP but have lost and gained weight a hundred times over. I want the madness to stop, so time to take some responsibility. I could use losing 200lbs but am not weighing myself. I do measure, the number on the scale becomes my self worth. So am changing that bit of insanity. I have been sick the past 4 weeks, still on antibiotics and the doc does not want me to exercise yet. So in a sense this is my second time as I have not logged food for a couple weeks. Please feel free to add me!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I also had a failed attempt and got back to it. Add me if u want =)