painfull workout

Options
Hi I am just starting out. I plan on doing a workout but I dread it already because my hips and knees hurt when I am done. Is there anyway to deal with the pain? Most say they feel good after a workout. I plan on doing the basics like jumping jacks,sit ups, crunches, stuff like that and the pain makes me want to quit working out. What can I do?

Replies

• LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! In response to your question. If you are having problems with your knees and hips hurting once you are finished that is not a good sign. Do you normally have pain in those areas. If exercising exacerbates the pain I would recommend possibly trying a yoga workout or low impact fitness program to start off slow, and then build up to something that's a little more higher impact. Do you do stretching at all to try and increase your flexibility? There are quite a few programs out there that would probably be ideal to start off with if you haven't exercised in a while. I will send you a friend request and we can talk about it more. I would be more than willing to try and help you find something that suits your fitness level. Take care.
    LisaMfit4life
  • sarled26
    sarled26 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! Thank you for answering me. Yes I do have pain mostly in my left hip. Its not that bad unless I use it a lot. I had a job where
    there was twisting and lifting for 5 years which caused wear and tear. Sometimes when I step or turn a certain way I get a very sharp pain. The pain in my knees only happen when I workout and hoping will get better as I lose weight. I would love to try yoga but I know thing about it. I would love any information you can give me.

Ty, Sarah
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Im sure there are plenty of beginner Yoga DVDs you could get very cheap or check them out at your local library . If you have Video on Demand maybe even some there.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use to run into the same problem but the majority of it tends to be the extra stress from being heavy. Once you start to lose the extra weight and build strength up it will fade. Also until then use low impact machines especially when doing cardio like on a treadmill instead use the eliptical. Good Luck!