What is your "fat nightmare"??

Options
I was mortified when I was pregnant with twins and was transferred to another hospital via ambulance. I actually apologized to the EMTs that had to lift me into the ambulance. They wouldn't let me walk. The truly sad thing though was that I actually had lost weight during my pregnancy. I was very sick and couldn't keep food down.

I was also identified as "big girl" by some strangers trying to get my attention while I was on vacation. Now when I am thinking about traveling, I don't want to go anywhere that I will be thought of as another "fat American."

Replies

• pinkcloudrising
    Options
    Riding on an airplane. Asking for the seat belt extender. Enough said.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    When you're sure there's enough room for you to squeeze in on a full bench seat. But there isn't and you have to sit with one buttock hanging off :(
    Parking the car and realising you can't open the door wide enough to get out :(
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    People not wanting to sit next to you on public transport. Like your going to "catch" my fatness :huh:
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    People not wanting to sit next to you on public transport. Like your going to "catch" my fatness :huh:

I swear that's what happened! There's nothing wrong with my eating habbits!!
  • BearHugger78
    Options
    My brother is getting married in August. My great nightmare is being immortalized as The Fat Guy in the wedding pictures. :ohwell:
  • takahiroki
    takahiroki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to live in a house with a bunch of college guys and occasionally they would get excited and decide to pick me up.
    They could do it, but the idea of anyone physically feeling how heavy I am is completely terrifying to me.
  • juniperbug1980
    Options
    Not fitting in seats with arms. Along with all the above comments.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Getting asked when your baby is due when you aren't pregnant. I hate that.
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    Being at an amusement park and barely being able to fit into the seats on the roller coaster and having to have the person that checks the seat belts help me buckle it....:sad: Oh my gosh that was so awful....I started crying on the ride and I haven't ridden a roller coaster since then.
  • terricol
    terricol Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My worst nightmare has to be bending down to do something and your trousers rip.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was going into a store and was told before I even get further in: "Sorry, we don't have anything in here that will fit you."

I didn't even like the clothing in the shop to begin with, and I was picking up a gift for a friend.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I sat down on our toilet and the seat broke. At least this happened at home--I can't imagine the humiliation if I'd been at a friend's house.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    When a colleague or friend offers me to ride on the back of his/her bicycle
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Being at an amusement park and barely being able to fit into the seats on the roller coaster and having to have the person that checks the seat belts help me buckle it....:sad: Oh my gosh that was so awful....I started crying on the ride and I haven't ridden a roller coaster since then.

How about sitting on the ride and being asked to get off because they can't buckle you in? That happened to me.
  • debege
    debege Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think there are things that are taboo to talk about too. How many men would have to carry my coffin at my funeral? I want to be cremated, but it's still weird to think about those things.

Lots of these nightmares ring true for me too.