Blendtec or Vitamix

Options
mom9198
mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
Which blender should I get? I'll be doing soups, smoothies, ice cream and food processing. Not really into grinding flour, but will probably try chic peas, avocado nuts and fruits and veggies.
I'd love to hear your opinions. I might also try bread dough (if it does that sort of thing).

Replies

• theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and I love it. Love being able to make my own peanut butter...
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    I have a vitIamix, but I think you would be happy with either one. If you know people who own the blenders, try them out and see if you like one more than the other.
  • suzybills
    Options
    I'd buy a Blendtec. They're usually a little less than Vitamix but work a little better. Plus, they cycles are programmed for you. And, if you get the Twister jar, blending chickpeas, nuts, etc. is sooo simple. And you don't have to use a tamper. Less effort for you and less to clean afterward.
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vitamix all the way. You can use it to make soups that taste really creamy, yet are dairy- and fat-free. And if you put in the ingredients for the soup that are already cooked, if you leave the vitamix on for long enough it will actually heat up the soup while you make it, if that makes sense. I also use it to make banana "ice cream," smoothies, and various sauces. I love my Vitamix!:love: