12lbs lost so far

Options
Schmidty102
Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
I never realized how much of a difference 12 pounds could make... but I feel like you can definitely tell by looking at my pictures.

This was when I weighed around 188-189 at the very end of December 2012. My dad and I took my little sister to Disney World.

Wore a size 36" waist jeans, which weren't tight, but they weren't loose either.
148958_4225622640874_139032622_n.jpg

This was taken yesterday... Grey shirt that says Drury on it
Loose 34" jeans. 176lbs
485981_4646362079097_1862108191_n.jpg
75070_4646365479182_379283273_n.jpg
598686_4646378679512_1342758314_n.jpg
580517_4652352348850_36337009_n.jpg

Hopefully this will give some people some encouragement to drop a few pounds. It's amazing what 12 pounds alone does.

Replies

• cathers_
    cathers_ Posts: 70
    Options
    Congratulations and keep it up!
  • Schmidty102
    Options
    Thanks. I have about 15lbs to go. Hoping I can push it at a lb a week till June, but if I can't, that's fine.
  • workinprogress007
    workinprogress007 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job, I can really see an improvement, keep it up, (or rather down:smile: )
  • Kanari23
    Kanari23 Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow, you look different, that's for sure! I saw a picture of a hand holding 1 pound of fat and it was actually a pretty big chunk. 12 pounds is a lot! Doing great:)
  • Schmidty102
    Options
    It really is amazing how much 1 pound of fat looks like
  • mallory_alise
    mallory_alise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I see a Drury shirt AND a Chiefs shirt in the same picture. Must be a Missouri man (the best kind).
  • Schmidty102
    Options
    I see a Drury shirt AND a Chiefs shirt in the same picture. Must be a Missouri man (the best kind).

Springfield is where it's at! :P
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have about 15lbs to go. Hoping I can push it at a lb a week till June, but if I can't, that's fine.

Thanks for the post. We're in the same boat, trying to lose about 30 lbs. I'm also trying to get to my goal by June or so. If I do I might keep going and get under 200. So far I've noticed my jeans and pants are a bit looser but that's about it.

You can see your difference the best in the original photo and then the group photo.
  • Schmidty102
    Options

Thanks for the post. We're in the same boat, trying to lose about 30 lbs. I'm also trying to get to my goal by June or so. If I do I might keep going and get under 200. So far I've noticed my jeans and pants are a bit looser but that's about it.

You can see your difference the best in the original photo and then the group photo.
    My big motivator was the moment I could fit in the next size down (34" jeans), I bought a few pairs and locked my 36" away. The 34's were tight at first, which was a motivator to do cardio and tone up my legs some. Now they fit loose around the waist and are comfortable to wear in the legs.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My big motivator was the moment I could fit in the next size down (34" jeans), I bought a few pairs and locked my 36" away. The 34's were tight at first, which was a motivator to do cardio and tone up my legs some. Now they fit loose around the waist and are comfortable to wear in the legs.

I wear regular fit jeans 36" W X 34" L. I have a pair of relaxed fit that are 38" W X 32" L. (These are the same brand of jeans, can't explain the differing sizes.) The 38" relaxed fit is actually loose and would fall off my hips without a belt. The 36" regular fit are getting loose. Strange, but when I was in college I wore 34" W X 36" L.

Congratulations on getting down to 34" W. If I can get down to a size 34" I will be stoked. I've been down to 210 lbs. a couple of times and I don't think a 34" would fit me.
  • Schmidty102
    Options
    I wear regular fit jeans 36" W X 34" L. I have a pair of relaxed fit that are 38" W X 32" L. (These are the same brand of jeans, can't explain the differing sizes.) The 38" relaxed fit is actually loose and would fall off my hips without a belt. The 36" regular fit are getting loose. Strange, but when I was in college I wore 34" W X 36" L.

Congratulations on getting down to 34" W. If I can get down to a size 34" I will be stoked. I've been down to 210 lbs. a couple of times and I don't think a 34" would fit me.

I always have to wear a belt. I have lineman legs and I always have to wear jeans that are slightly bigger than my waist to be able to fit comfortably.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this will give some people some encouragement to drop a few pounds. It's amazing what 12 pounds alone does.

Exactly! Props Schmidty!

So many of us won't have that HUGE loss that inspires us all, but there are certainly tons of us looking to improve in smaller, still noticeable ways. I am right there with ya pard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!