Low Cal Crock Pot Dinners

Options
2»

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few recipes from Skinnytaste and added them to the dinner rotation. One is Chicken Enchilada Soup (chicken, black beans, frozen corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and seasonings) - served with some shredded cheese and sour cream. Another is a white bean chicken chili ( sort of doctored it up some, so not exactly like skinnytaste). It's a great source for healthier, lower cal crock pot recipes.
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds really good...300 cals not bad either, what are you calling a serving?

If you google "Stupide Easy Sausage & Potatoes" it comes up and will give you the recipe and nutrition info.
  • TraciStivers
    Options
    We do the salsa chicken as well, but I add black beans, corn, and fat free cream cheese--YUMMY!
    ^^ this and i also add a packet of taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning.....

You do this in the crock pot? How long do you cook it for?
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I swear by my crockpot. We make apple oatmeal, chicken & noodles, chili, bbq chicken, hot & spicy chicken, bbq roast, veggie soup, pumpkin cake, baked potatoes,....my list is endless. I received a crockpot recipe book for Christmas one year....minor ingredients, well balanced yummy meals. My most favorite is the pumpkin cake...I would have never thought to try to make a cake in a crockpot...BUT it was delicious!
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    I swear by my crockpot. We make apple oatmeal, chicken & noodles, chili, bbq chicken, hot & spicy chicken, bbq roast, veggie soup, pumpkin cake, baked potatoes,....my list is endless. I received a crockpot recipe book for Christmas one year....minor ingredients, well balanced yummy meals. My most favorite is the pumpkin cake...I would have never thought to try to make a cake in a crockpot...BUT it was delicious!

BUMP - would love to see some of these recipes...^
  • Shewcrazy
    Options
    We do the salsa chicken as well, but I add black beans, corn, and fat free cream cheese--YUMMY!
    ^^ this and i also add a packet of taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning.....

How long do you cook it for in the crock pot?
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Center cut pork loin + red wine vinegar + liquid smoke + garlic, 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low
    FABULOUS BBQ pulled pork
  • ktkiffer
    ktkiffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TraciStivers
    Options

I madea Apple Cinamon Bread Pudding in the crock pot one year for Christmas. I would have never thought of making dessert in the crock pot either, but it was delicious!
  • Tara1414
    Tara1414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These crock pot recipes sound amazing, I am going to try the chicken and salsa!
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The salsa chicken is good! I love using it for tacos :)
  • kosuski
    kosuski Posts: 62 Member
    Options

How long do you cook it for in the crock pot?

The recipe says 6-8 hours on low, but in my crockpot it really only takes about 4 if I leave it on low so I leave it on keep warm while I'm at work then turn it up when I get home to finish.