Fruit of the Month club??

Options
ammingjay
ammingjay Posts: 45 Member
So there was a contest at work not too long ago where one of the prizes was a subscription to the fruit of the month club from Harry and Davids. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? Is it a good deal? I live alone so if it's designed for a family...that may be too much fruit... Just wondering about quality/quantity/variety... It looks like there's a plan for $80 for 3 months for one person... just curious.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    go to the fruit stand - much much cheaper...
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You won it but you have to pay for it?

If it is anything like the plants they sell it will suck.
  • ammingjay
    ammingjay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    no I didn't win but that was the first time I'd heard of it. I was thinking about getting it myself
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure where you live, but in the bay area (and i think all over) there's something called "Farm Fresh To You" and they will deliver different boxes of fruits and veggies for various prices depending on how much you want. It's supposed to be incredible and comes straight from the nearby farms. My neighbor does it and I'm jealous and thinking about signing up.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i love harry and david! we get the pears and cherries about three times a year. i've also had their salsa and chips, salmon and a few desserts. everything was delicious! very high quality! we have ordered lemon and lime tree from them too. i think they are a fantastic company. :) it may be more fruit than one person can eat though. if you win, you can always take the fruit to work and share.
    dawn

**editted to say: i believe in the past they have had a 'light' option that costs less and is less food. you might want to see if they still offer that.
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WITH ALL THIS FRUIT!?!?!"

Ohhhh Everybody Loves Raymond... how you make me laugh. sorry I had to.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The Royal Riviera Pears are basically fruit from heaven. Seriously. Best. pears. ever.

But they're also very expensive. Personally, I'd get involved in a CSA program before buying H&D fruit of the month club, but that's just me.

You can also go direct to an H&D store and buy a case of in season fruit if you're looking to try it.